Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
How will Sanchez fit into the city team anyway. De Bruyne, Silva, Bernardo Silva, Sane, Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, Sanchez..... I can make 3 forward lines out of those, who drops out.

Most likely front 5:
----------------------CM
-------------KDB/D.Silva/Bernardo - 3 players for 2 spots
Sanchez--------Jesus/Aguero---------------Sane

Sterling, One of the Silva's or KDB drop to the bench, Aguero or Jesus drops to the bench.

3-4-3 against bottom half sides:
------------------------------Ederson
-----------Kompany------Otamendi-----Stones or NewCB
Sterling/Alves-------KDB----------D.Silva-------------Mendy/Sane
------------B.Silva--------Aguero/Jesus-------Sanchez

There's plenty of flexibility, in fact I could come up with 10-15 variations. Important to remember that B.Silva, Sterling, Sane and Jesus are young and not as reliable as the older more experience players, like D.Silva, KDB, Sanchez etc...so they will be rotated more. I wouldn't be worried if we signed Sanchez though because it's a good problem to have.

If we don't sign Sanchez, I still think we'll pursue another attacker.

I'm honestly not too arsed about this signing, would have been great and Sanchez is a great player, but superfluous to what we have coming through.

I would much rather see Patrick Roberts impress Pep on the US tour and rotate with Sane and Sterling alot, because for sure, if Sanchez comes in, one of Sane or Sterling will get much reduced minutes because Pep would probably give Sanchez 3500 or so minutes. It'd be much better for Sterling or Sane for Roberts to come in and 2000 minutes, this way they can still play loads, they are our future, not Sanchez.

The way I see it we'd have 3 wingers in Robert, Sane and Sterling with Bernardo also able to go in if needed, that is honestly far more appropriate depth than last season (it's essentially a swap of Navas and Nolito for Roberts and Bernardo) and Jesus will be fit as well so I'm not worried about the attack.

Most likely front 5:
----------------------CM
-------------KDB/D.Silva/Bernardo - 3 players for 2 spots
Sanchez--------Jesus/Aguero---------------Sane

Sterling, One of the Silva's or KDB drop to the bench, Aguero or Jesus drops to the bench.

3-4-3 against bottom half sides:
------------------------------Ederson
-----------Kompany------Otamendi-----Stones or NewCB
Sterling/Alves-------KDB----------D.Silva-------------Mendy/Sane
------------B.Silva--------Aguero/Jesus-------Sanchez

There's plenty of flexibility, in fact I could come up with 10-15 variations. Important to remember that B.Silva, Sterling, Sane and Jesus are young and not as reliable as the older more experience players, like D.Silva, KDB, Sanchez etc...so they will be rotated more. I wouldn't be worried if we signed Sanchez though because it's a good problem to have.

If we don't sign Sanchez, I still think we'll pursue another attacker.

The depth of your attacking unit is staggering, even without Sanchez.

No chance mate,

Messi, Neymar, Suarez

Phenomenal.

Your little foursome is very good, but nowhere near 'phenomenal'.

It's a hell of a lot better than very good. Liverpools attack of Firmino,Coutinho and Mane is very good, Chelsea's Hazard,Costa,willian/Pedro combination is better than very good, ours is a significant level above them. There's only 2 attacks in world football that can match or better ours, in Barca and Madrid and we've got the advantage of having a youthful attack and arguably a stronger pool of players.

How will Sanchez fit into the city team anyway. De Bruyne, Silva, Bernardo Silva, Sane, Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, Sanchez..... I can make 3 forward lines out of those, who drops out.
  1. Aguero (ST)
  2. G.Jesus (ST, WF)
  3. Sanchez (WF, ST)
  4. Sane (WF)
  5. Sterling (WF)
  6. Bernardo (CM/WF)
  7. Silva (CM)
  8. De Bruyne (CM)
Seems alot but it'd be for 5 positions. There's literally no filler there and that's what you need to compete for PL and CL, esp. for a PL team given the number of competitions and the intensity of the league. Real and Bayern have that kind of depth and their domestic football is less demanding.

Much would depend on whether we're home or away eg. Bernardo may be better than Sane out wide vs a parked bus but Sane more effective away. Aguero, G.Jesus and Sanchez would probably rotate between them for 2 positions as the main goalscoring threats most of the time.

You'd assume Sterling loses out on minutes more than anyone.

Having 3 of those 8 on the bench most weeks would restore out attacking options of a few years ago. We used to have likes of Dzeko, Negredo, Tevez, Balotelli (when he was pretty good) on the bench. Recently we've had Navas, Nolito and Iheanacho. Sad!

...I'm not that confident of getting Sanchez this summer. We do need another goalscoring wide forward in the squad tho so will be interesting what we do if you really do refuse to sell. Patrick Roberts has the opportunity to make his case in a couple of weeks...

Last edited:
So, where's the announcement?

It doesn't take 3 day's to announce your decision after you publicly tell the World you have made up your mind and you are going to announce it after the tournament has finished.

Another case of a footballer and his ego and self importance getting the better of him.

All this circus, not only with Sanchez, but with most high profile footballers involved in possible transfers is getting very tedious.

Bring on the Clowns!

My announcement. Off to work and to do a full days work. (These footballers don't know how lucky they are!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.