Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker...Danilo and Mendy haven't happened, i'd like another CB as well

Yes and we're working on getting them, filling those positions.

We have enough centre backs, Kompany and Otamendi first choice, Stones and Kolarov as back ups.

Wouldn't surprise me if Pep uses other full backs to fill in at CB too.

Yes and we're working on getting them, filling those positions.

We have enough centre backs, Kompany and Otamendi first choice, Stones and Kolarov as back ups.

Wouldn't surprise me if Pep uses other full backs to fill in at CB too.

Kolarov and Otamendi will most like get sold no?

We once had Kun, Tevez, Mario and Dzeko. Now we have a young'un who shows great promise but frankly has had a handful of games + Kun. Thats not enough to achieve the step change to challenge RM, Barca and BM. We need another experienced proven goal scorer who is flexible enough to be versatile and play peps game.

Spot on for me. Much as I love us having Jesus, I think many people's expectations have been turbo-boosted by his fantastic start. He came to us as a kid with world class potential, not an established star. He could be something really special but a tinge of pragmatism is needed in the short run.

Sanchez is capable of making that difference. As mosssideblue says, he's not guaranteed to win us anything. However he's possibly the nearest thing. The parallel with Van Rapist and the rags is a good one.

Does it have to be "either/or"?
of course not. I think the club have identified exactly what we need - new goalkeeper, 3/4 fullbacks, centre back, silva replacement, proven striker. Nothing wrong with the strategy, we just need to execute it. If we do, with the right acquisitions, we will hoover up the PL. Of those 7/8 players we have 3 and still have enough time for the others. One way or another this will be the most memorable close season in the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.