Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit gutted we didn't get him but hey ho - the club isn't doomed without him..

I have no idea how these things work but from the outside looking in it seems that either

1. We were waiting for the "nod" from Arsenal before placing the bid and they left it to late - in which case Arsenal screwed the pooch
2. City thought they were being clever in waiting till the last day hoping they would get Sanchez and Arsenal wouldn't have time to get a replacement (making us stronger and a them weaker) - in which case City screwed the pooch
3. Arsenal were 100% certain they weren't going to sell Sanchez and them something changed yesterday (maybe something Sanchez did or said?) in which case everyone had a turn on the pooch...

Now the dust has settled we know 3 things - City wanted Sanchez, Sanchez wanted to come and most importantly Arsenal were willing to sell him - no reason to think it won't happen in January now...

But in this crazy world who knows... Sanchez may be very angry it didn't happen or may even sign an extension at Arsenal... wouldn't surprise me one bit! :)

Good analysis and I'm sure we might push for a January signing but there are a couple of flys in the ointment. 1) can our senior team deal with their senior team - presently blame and counter blame (although I'm sure we wouldn't let egos get in the way of a deal). 2) does it make sense in January if you can have him for free a few weeks later? - fee to Arsenal would be minimal, player wages take on a new dimension when he is effectively a free agent outside the U.K. 3) will Wenger still be there - who knows what chain of events that will set off. As you say wanted the player, the player wanted us and the players club were eventually willing to sell but we couldn't get the deal over the line and an awful lot can change in the next 4 months. We have a few bob still in our pockets - might be best to watch events unfold at PSG and see what scenarios are available next summer.

This tweet pretty much sums it up:

Arsenal have essentially paid a £70m loan fee for a player that doesn't want to be there. I can't think of any other club in the world that would be stupid enough to do so.

I'm gutted we didn't get him sorted yesterday or sooner, but it is not the end of the world nor the end of this story. We still have a strong squad, Sane and Sterling can play as a central attacker if needed, and I am positive we will be back in for Sanchez by January, at a lower fee.

Personally don't blame City at all, this is Arsenal's doing, whether intentionally or not, by leading us down a path by suggesting they had a replacement sorted but in reality having no fee agreed with Monaco or terms agreed with the player. Maybe they dd that on purpose to prevent us strengthening at all or looking elsewhere, but personally I think it is because they are a bunch of inept and aloof berks. If not, then the way they have treated their own player isn't great.

They have also drastically underestimated the importance of a top four finish, and it is no great surprise that Lemar was not even slightly interested in going there - either they knew that and just wanted to string us long with Sanchez knowing it won't happen but saving face for the fans, or they really were surprised that a player didn't want to leave his homeland at the last minute to go to another country, swap Champions League for Europa League, and a club that just won their domestic title for one that probably won;'t even finish top 4 again.

Feel sorry for Sanchez most of all, the next few months are going to be tough for him and he looked visibly affected last night for Chile, so have fun with that Arsenal. Might be paid a fortune, might be gifted, but if your employers dick you over then life is never pleasant.

And please, never bet seriously on a transfer. So many parties involved and all it takes is for one of them to not feel it at that moment in time.

(Arsenal fan - not here to mock)

Curious as to why this forum, and so many other City fans, are putting the blame in Arsenal's court.

Money isn't an issue for you guys so,presumably if you'd just bid enough a few months earlier you would have had him.

I wonder what Sanchez is thinking, i wonder if he blames us as well as Arsenal?

Why have all of Tolm's post been deleted post June 2017?

Probably because too many idiots on here would be using them to prove he is a 'fraud'.

When anyone who has a few brain cells knows he passes on genuine info with panache and fun and gives inside tips on what looks to be happening.

And sometimes does and sometimes does not in a mad world where decisions are taken by the likes of Wenger.

He posted before any news source on here that we agreed a fee and was right we did.

Anyone blaming him for Arsenal being stubbornly suicidal should take a look at themselves and stay off this forum.

still can sign Sanchez for much cheaper in January.
also still can be registered for UCL in later stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.