Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bet those arsenal bluds who were chuffing to get one over city yesterday would be feeling great after reports of his refusal to play. Even if they arent true it will definatelu feck up the dressing room's enviorment

You won't like me saying it but I'd leave it til the last 48 hours again. If you're in for a player, you don't reduce your chances of getting him by putting time limits on it. You put the selling club under pressure by limiting their options. If they still won't play ball and we have an understanding with Sanchez for next summer, the deal only gets better for us and him, as the middle man (Arsenal) is no longer relevant.

I don't mind it's your opinion mate & a very valid one that I'd normally agree with. I just think doing it day one then gives us a full window to find someone else if they piss about again? But I see what you're saying.

If he signed the contract isn't he our player?

Slightly wishful thinking....

He may well have signed a contract in expectation of the transfer going through but its worthless without a signed transfer agreement between the two clubs. To flip it on its head, Arsenal would probably be within their rights to ask why Sanchez is signing contracts with other clubs without their permission.

He may well have signed a contract in expectation of the transfer going through but its worthless without a signed transfer agreement between the two clubs. To flip it on its head, Arsenal would probably be within their rights to ask why Sanchez is signing contracts with other clubs without their permission.
So yeah that's what I would of been thinking, is it confirmed that they officially didn't? It just wasn't officially lodged?

Wenger has kept his team's best player from last season and has an excuse, (albeit a weak one), that they tried to act on Sanchez's wish to leave.

I am sure Wenger is unhappy with his side's abject performance against Liverpool but quietly he is probably thinking that the transfer window could have been a lot worse for Arsenal.

If Sammy Lee's information is correct we have failed to land Pep's number one target for this window. That alone will be good news for Wenger and Arsenal.

Going forward much will depend on Sanchez's attitude and professionalism.

Agree with this.

It was obvious from the start that Sanchez was our number one target. Don't know why anybody would think otherwise. The impact of not landing him we will have to wait and see, but I have a feeling that this season is going to be a strangely frustrating one where we just don't achieve the consistency we need in front of goal. Unfortunately, I don't think our rivals will suffer the same. We may do ok in one of the domestic cups, but the squad looks nowhere near deep enough to launch a serious CL campaign i.e. semis/final.

Conversely, I think Arsenal will do their usual Phoenix like rise and compete strongly for the top four. Funnily enough the Liverpool defeat in combination with retaining most of their key players will be the stimulus for this. No matter what people might think the players are professionals, and they will have been stung by that horror show at Anfield, and want to put that right as soon as possible. The likes of Ozil even came out and took the unprecedented step of apologising for the performance, which to me showed how much it hurt and how determined they are going to be to put it right. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Ozil, Sanchez et al, have one of their best seasons at the Arse. You can laugh all you like but life and football is strange.

At this stage it feels to me that this will impact us way more than it will impact Arsenal, simply because we didn't fully achieve what we wanted to achieve in the market. It feels like we have a huge Sanchez sized hole that we have created for ourselves. A hole that might have a bigger impact than any of us really think.

So yeah that's what I would of been thinking, is it confirmed that they officially didn't? It just wasn't officially lodged?

Everything I have read/heard, is that the agreement between the clubs was verbal only. I think its safe to assume that from a legal standpoint nothing can be done and whatever the papers write, nothing will come of it. It will January, next summer or never for Sanchez to City.

Edit -I was wrong!

200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.