Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pity really. He could have really improved us up front, but I think we did the right thing by refusing to accept his ridiculous wage demands. I just hope that we have an alternative in mind because Sergio offers next to nothing and relying on a 20 year old Jesus until the end of the season will not allow us to compete in four competitions.

Seeing that Higuain just went for £90m at age 29, right as the market truly went to hell. He is one of the top forwards in the game, that is pretty evident if you have watched him and other players in the same position these past few years.
Except he was 28 and it was €90m, but still most people saw that as paying way over the odds(presumably as it was from their main title rival). And the list of attackers better than Sanchez is pretty long, how low is the cut off for world class these days? Not sure he's even in the top 25?

My point is, what if Wolfsburg had quoted us £80M and we walked. In hindsight even £100M is justifiable for KDB. But we walked because £80M is outrageous, and then imagine us now without KDB.
Hindsight is not really relevant though when discussing different timelines in this market... scary really how fast the prices have changed since then, wasn't Bale the most expensive signing at that time? What I will say is we need to look at Bayern as a warning to us as they are seemingly stingy and out of touch with the market, we are just trying to be more measured. Sanchez will be a 30+ player in no time, a mid 20s Sanchez would be a different prospect as we'd be set for a few years not having to think of replacing him.

It is always a massive blow if you lose out on a WC player for 1/3 of his value in this market. Sanchez would bring a different dynamic to the attack and give Sane more competition to constantly improve himself. Don't be deluded.

If it was just down to the transfer fee then maybe. However, it seems that there are several 10s of millions more that them lot are prepared to pay in agents fees and wages that we are not.

Direct your deluded comments to our management, I am not the one making the decisions. Just commenting on them.

Except he was 28 and it was €90m, but still most people saw that as paying way over the odds(presumably as it was from their main title rival). And the list of attackers better than Sanchez is pretty long, how low is the cut off for world class these days? Not sure he's even in the top 25?

Bought from Napoli after a 36 league goals in 35 games season

You've missed the point.

His point is what if we didn't want to pay the fee for KDB, Sane, Sterling etc. Would people still be so happy over the clubs moral stance?
Exactly this. You’ve articulated my point better than I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.