Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you’re mocking me but that would probably be my reaction lol. That’s how Chelsea fans react now everytime they see KDB.

Not mocking you pal. Was a bit of a joke. Would be my reaction too in hindsight and I hope peg has nightmares over it.

Some you win some you lose as some body else said.

Pep obviously doesn't want Sanchez as much as some on here do. Hes the boss though its his decision. We need to move on now and enjoy this fantastic season. We will sign big players again in the future our owners havent let us down yet and they wont in the future. Chill out take it on the chin.

I've just read 400k a week before bonuses is what swung it, we don't even know the extras(does Alexis get a signing fee as well?) and agent fees yet... but if you hear that and still think we've been too penny pinching about it then I give up with some people.

Yes our bluff wasn’t called back then. But imagine how fucked we would’ve been as a team had Wolfsburg called our bluffs and he went somewhere else.
We wouldn't have been fucked, we would have signed someone else and built the team differently. There's one player worth giving in over at the level we're at now.

Edit: Kev is as good as he is now thanks to the system Guardiola has him in and the way he's being coached.

I suspect there will now be a "cover up" of why we didn't sign Sanchez. Making out he was way too expensive, poor attitude, not that good a player and we are better off without him...

In my view we must learn lessons from this missed opportunity. He was a top quality player available for a bargain fee, with a very high workrate experienced with Pep's style. He will significantly strengthen our local rivals. We messed this one up, let's hope we don't show such unimpressive negotiating skills again.

Sam Lee made a telling comment on the transfer:
"If City are willing to let Sanchez join United due to the price of the total package (which would be about £40m in fees, plus wages which were agreed) then they must be thinking of their perception of value, rather than cost. They’ll do very well to find a cheaper alternative.
And by value versus cost I mean this: they must have decided it’s not ‘worth’ paying £40m-odd to Arsenal and agent, but it is worth paying £100m at least for another player (insert your own names). That, or simply they’ve been caught on the hop and have absolutely no say in it.
... City weren’t overly worried by United as recently as Friday "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.