'All Or Nothing' - discussion of documentary

This little speech from Pep in ep.8 -

Can you imagine a ball boy, in his own country, small country, goes to the academy at 13 and after playing in the first team, his own team in his heart, who stayed there a lot of years and afterwards at 37 became manager, and in 4 years destroyed football. It's me, guys. It's me.

I had the privilege to live that. I destroyed football like you destroyed the premier league. And the people start to say, Oh the Pep team, oh Pep how he is... left right, right left...inside, outside, lay the pitch. Oh how good he is, Pep is top. No no no, all the time I said the same thing it's thanks to you. And we read the media in the press conferences and the people believe it's the manager. No guys, this belongs to you. The football guys, it belongs to you. It doesn't belong to me, it belongs to you.

Love it. Especially that he's really Catalan ("small country"), that he knows he absoluted destroyed everyone during his Barca spell, also that he felt the need to say he was talking about himself, just incase someone didn't realise.

Haha, that is fantastic, so he is human after all, not some amazing super being we were blessed with by the gods.

hqdefault.jpg

"His name Is Bernie"
"Even He don't know"
"If He is turning"
"North Or West"

Watched the first 3 episodes so far. Made my eyes water occasionally for some reason.
My only issue is with having Ben Kingsley as narrator. He's obviously no affinity to football. It's like being told your Gran isn't going to die just yet by a bloke in a paper forensic suit. Much as I dislike Yam Yams ( and I live amongst them !) Adrian Child's would have been much better!
Agreed, it's spoiling it for me, it sounds like he's reading a script and he hasn't a clue whats going on, piss poor to be honest.

Episode 7 brought back horrible horrible memories of a heartbreaking week. Highlighted the fucking bent refs which got me even more angry. At least I know it all ends well.

Heartbreaking to lose to utd but imo, we dont reach 100 points if we win that game. Let the rags have their one joyful moment of the season, ill take being the greatest premier league side that ever was.

Unbiased review from a 'user' on IMDB

What do we think? Rag or Dipper?

"Avoid if you actually care about football. Unless you only started supporting Manchester City in 2011 of course.

It's just further evidence that despite the billions pumped into the club by their torturous, human rights abusing owners Man City are still a small club.

It's genuinely hilarious how bothered they clearly are by the comparative size of their more established neighbours, United.

Typical City really."
He’s a rag

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.