All Star Premier League Game

I just hope the football fans all make a stand, like with the super league.
There is a concerted effort to americanise the sport. Not to make it better, but to make more money.
These people don't represent me, or my view of what football is.
I would sooner see the game disappear than have it turned into a dancing bear for greedy owners.
They will sell it to fans the same way they do in America. Its not a cap to enforce profits, its to stop one team winning all the time. Those greedy players make too much anyway, theyre why orices are so high! They just want to increase the competitive balance, if by coincidence they also turn the clubs into profit machines then I guess that's a happy accident...

Anyone with any proper interest in football knows that this would be complete shite. Players that have never played together before playing a game they don't care about. But no doubt it'd sell well to the sorts of idiots who spend their time on Twitter arguing who's better out of Ronaldo and Messi.

Anyone with any proper interest in football knows that this would be complete shite. Players that have never played together before playing a game they don't care about. But no doubt it'd sell well to the sorts of idiots who spend their time on Twitter arguing who's better out of Ronaldo and Messi.
Exactly, the same fans that think friendlies are exciting.

40,000 people went to see a 2 teams of YouTube all stars play last week, and 21 million people watched the match live on YouTube.

40,000 people went to see a 2 teams of YouTube all stars play last week, and 21 million people watched the match live on YouTube.
And this is how it would all start. Virtually give the tickets away to watch the game live in a stadium so you have a decent crowd. Charge £2.50 subscription to watch it being streamed live. Nothing SKY or BT or anyone else could do about it as its not a PL game. That kicks off the clubs starting their own TV subscription channels. When PL clubs have their own streaming channels charge £14.99 per game or £499 for a 'season ticket'. Boom! It will happen. The Yank owned clubs know that SKY TV is not needed. They can do it all themselves and keep all of the cash generated. Then it continues: Timed 'water breaks' to allow more advertising which effectively breaks the game up into 4 quarters. Then the salary caps and eventually no promotion or relegation. Give it 10 years at the most and this will be the state of PL football in England.

That kicks off the clubs starting their own TV subscription channels.

Is this comment from 1994?

The clubs tried and tested the individual club subscription model decades ago and it failed miserably.

They're never going to persue that model when they could collectively bargain as the PL with Amazon or Google to stream.

Is this comment from 1994?

The clubs tried and tested the individual club subscription model decades ago and it failed miserably.

They're never going to persue that model when they could collectively bargain as the PL with Amazon or Google to stream.
Who knows? We'll see. A few Championship clubs did it during lockdown charging £10 a game and from all reports it was a success. It's the big 6 who will drive it and the rest will be forced to follow in my opinion. For the Yanks its all about monetizing the game as fast as possible and PPV / Subscription TV is a huge potential revenue stream for them.

A few Championship clubs did it during lockdown charging £10 a game and from all reports it was a success.

PPV was an absolute disaster during Covid, Sky scrapped it and just put them all on free after the outrage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.