All Star Premier League Game

I mean I think it’s a silly idea too but I think people are reading way more into them than needs be. Feels like if the sports journalists and football pundits hadn’t stoked so much fire around it this thread wouldn’t have more than 5 pages of ‘who does this American guy think he is’. Instead we have 20 odd pages of this and it’s the same across the internet for what are in my opinion just an off the cuff, unserious thing Boehly thought of on the spot when he was asked to talk about the differences between European football and American sports at business conference.

By all means ridicule the idea but it’s seems bizarre to me that it has riled up and angered people to this extent.
The super league came about from some "silly ideas" thrown around by people with a vested interest in it going ahead.
This guy and his advisers (and Co-American owners) know what they are doing.
Test the waters, have a big discussion, slowly change perceptions, familiarise the public to the idea, and then a closed shop arrives with nobody resisting because 'conditioning'
Y'know what Brexit was? A trial run on a vast misinformation experiment. It worked an absolute treat, the turkey's literally voted for a xmas that made the butchers wealthy beyond their dreams. Its amazing what can be done with a little drip fed lie, and misdirection on a mass scale.
Others have seen the blueprint, and will now plow on with the same technique to get football fans voting for shit football that makes investors lots of money.
It does make me cringe to think of what lies ahead this coming decade.

The super league came about from some "silly ideas" thrown around by people with a vested interest in it going ahead.
Test the waters, have a big discussion, slowly change perceptions, familiarise the public to the idea, and then a closed shop arrives with nobody resisting because 'conditioning'
Y'know what Brexit was? A trial run on a vast misinformation experiment. It worked an absolute treat, the turkey's literally voted for a xmas that made the butchers wealthy beyond their dreams. Its amazing what can be done with a little drip fed lie, and misdirection on a mass scale
Others have seen the blueprint, and will now plow on with the same technique to get football fans voting for shit football that makes investors lots of money.
The worst case scenario is when they get 14+ votes to bring in a salary cap and stop relegation.

It could be the end of the era of dominance for the PL.

The worst case scenario is when they get 14+ votes to bring in a salary cap and stop relegation.

It could be the end of the era of dominance for the PL.
I just hope the football fans all make a stand, like with the super league.
There is a concerted effort to americanise the sport. Not to make it better, but to make more money.
These people don't represent me, or my view of what football is.
I would sooner see the game disappear than have it turned into a dancing bear for greedy owners.

Last edited:
There is a concerted effort to americanise the sport. Not to make it better, but to make more money.
These people don't represent me, or my view of what football is.
I would sooner see the game disappear than have it turned into a dancing bear for greedy owners.
Agree, and looks like yanks will be buying Bournemouth. Only a matter of time before they try again for the super league. Not sure why the premium league aren’t doing anything about this, unless of course there’s a few dollars changing hands behind closed doors.

Won't happen.
Too busy arguing as to who has the most empty seats / takes the most away fans / calling each other dippers and scum etc etc etc.
The Premier League and UEFA want to keep fans at each others throats because it stops fans looking over our shoulders to see what clubs and the PL are up to. The sooner fans realise that we have more in common with dippers and rags and that the real enemy of the game is the PL / UEFA the better.

Y'know what Brexit was? A trial run on a vast misinformation experiment. It worked an absolute treat, the turkey's literally voted for a xmas that made the butchers wealthy beyond their dreams. Its amazing what can be done with a little drip fed lie, and misdirection on a mass scale.
Post of the year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.