All things vinyl...

Knight1979 said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Alib - So you really have everything JD did, nice one mate, must be a cool collection that!

Knight - 2 top albums those sir!

The Idiot might be my favorite record of all time. Most find it dreary, I find it uplifting for some reason.

I like it, it's kinda melancholic I find but uplifting too and China Girl is amazing.

20937.jpg

Picked this 5 disc set up on Ebay for £3.20 with postage in almost mint condition :)

Hell of a deal BT

I think the best deal I ever got was this. $7 in a used book store. 4 sides of greatness.

blog349626.jpg

Got box's of vinyl in my loft but nothing to play them on !!... 45's, 12", LP's. Majority of 45's Northern soul. All 12" are Jam, Smiths, Joy Division, New Order and others I can't even recall (think I have a few Associates). LP's vary from Pink Floyd, Smiths,Jam .. need to take a look ..

Glenda MCFC said:
Got box's of vinyl in my loft but nothing to play them on !!... 45's, 12", LP's. Majority of 45's Northern soul. All 12" are Jam, Smiths, Joy Division, New Order and others I can't even recall (think I have a few Associates). LP's vary from Pink Floyd, Smiths,Jam .. need to take a look ..

Yea you do! Either get yourself a nice player or hawk it to me for a decent price!! (-;

Knight1979 said:
Glenda MCFC said:

Yea you do! Either get yourself a nice player or hawk it to me for a decent price!! (-;

No chance ... you'd have to kill me 1st !!

Got a lot of rare Northern Soul 45's ... started collecting them when I was 14 and started going to all dayers/nighters

Wahey you have good taste in great music i.e. Northern Soul more inclined for the Modern Soul myself Lou Kirton (Heaven in the Afternoon) Phyllis Hyman (You Know How to Love Me) and the like. But you can’t beat a bit of Stax and Brunswick of which I have about 6 tea chests full of in my loft. I must get a turn table hooked up some time and give them a spin for old time’s sake. The rare and not so rare bring silly prices nowadays so if you ever do look to sell make sure you find out what ever you are selling’s true value.

A few of my faves that I don't think are on CD:

all of the Stones EPs
singles made by The Roach Band (featuring Irish playwright, Billy Roach);
The Beatles compilation, "Rock and Roll Music"
"Hard Up Heroes",; Virgin Front Line (a Reggae compilation); a Virgin double LP with glow in the dark vinyl; Ornette Coleman's "Of Human Feelings";
Ronnie Hawkins (of The Band fame) compilation;
A number of Chess Golden Decades and various New Orleans R'n'B compilations

Also have Some great Blue Note albums: Miles Davis Vol. 1 and II; Bud Powell, Vol. 1 and 2; Charlie Parker on Dial (complete set)
"Thieves Like Us", New Order 12"
some of the best punk 45s (incl Pistols, Jam, Undertones, Stranglers, etc, etc)

etc, etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.