All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

The last 2/3 minutes of 'Olsen Olsen' are incredible. When the solo pipe closes the song out by repeating that melody I do tear up a bit.

Great shout - when moments like that kick in, it's truly stunning.
For anyone that has read many of my reviews, I refer to moments on albums, they are so crucial as there aren't many truly great albums on which every track is a banger - what they all contain are great, pivotal moments that we wait for when we re-listen. This album has plenty of those for me.

Cheers Blues! just the 13 votes for our Icelanders, whilst most found 'some' nice stuff here, the majority were bored to death - we move on.

Sigur Ros / Agaetis Byrjun
13 votes
Average Score = 3.9

new album review tomorrow.
Updated table on Page 1

Next up.. Let's have some Rock/Prog Music for the Hippies out there

1636633650493.png

Last edited:
Cheers Blues! just the 13 votes for our Icelanders, whilst most found 'some' nice stuff here, the majority were bored to death - we move on.

13 votes
Average Score = 3.9

Updated table on Page 1

View attachment 29713
Yeah, Man.

13 votes
Average Score = 3.9

Updated table on Page 1

View attachment 29713
Seriously Hammer , The Turtles no chance pop rock not prog rock.

Is BH being sarcastic again? It must be another Rush album - i.e. the exact opposite of the speed of a tortoise?

It arguable that the word hippy for music ended before Rush's first album but your play on words is a good get IMO.
Yeah, I think you are right - the "hippy" angle is more likely to place it in the 60s.

Maybe he couldn't find a photo of a lizard for "The Lizard King" and it's The Doors?

EDIT - I think I've got it. Won't spoil it too much for others but I think it might be from 1977. A 35 minute affair too, which will make a nice change.

13 votes
Average Score = 3.9

Updated table on Page 1

View attachment 29713
I’m guessing ’Terrapin Station’ The Grateful Dead

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.