All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

I’m guessing ’Terrapin Station’ The Grateful Dead
Awwwww, beat me to it. That was one of the easier clues for a San Franciscan Yank unless @BlueHammer85 is misdirecting us.

At least this will be one I can listen to with my wife who LOVES the GD. She wasn't too keen on the Pantera/RATM/Sigur Ros combo.

Last edited:
I’m guessing ’Terrapin Station’ The Grateful Dead
Excellent get.

I do think you have got it however because I cannot think of a single in the top 1000 related to a terrapin and it was their first venture away from the usual acid / jazz rock / rock that most described of their previous albums after a little hiatus.

Hail king of the hippies and to you mancitydoogle.

Yeah, I think you are right - the "hippy" angle is more likely to place it in the 60s.

Maybe he couldn't find a photo of a lizard for "The Lizard King" and it's The Doors?

EDIT - I think I've got it. Won't spoil it too much for others but I think it might be from 1977. A 35 minute affair too, which will make a nice change.
Once a hippie always a hippie I guess Rob , so the Grateful Dead it is.

I forgot they had sets that are regarded as prog rock these days.

Awwwww, beat me to it. That was one of the easier clues for a San Franciscan Yank unless @BlueHammer85 is misdirecting us.

At least this will be one I can listen to with my wife who LOVES the GD. She wasn't been too keen on the Pantera/RATM/Sigur Ros combo.
You can tell her from me she has good taste: (not necessarily on the GD as I think I've only ever heard a couple of their songs so the jury is out), but on that combo. If we have a worse 1-2-3 in quick succession across the two threads by this time next year, I'd be surprised.

You can tell her from me she has good taste: (not necessarily on the GD as I think I've only ever heard a couple of their songs so the jury is out), but on that combo. If we have a worse 1-2-3 in quick succession across the two threads by this time next year, I'd be surprised.
I'm not the biggest Dead fan -- hippie jam rock is not really my thing -- but I saw them twice with my wife in the 80s and rainbow dancing bear and lightning skull stickers are on the back of every fucking Suburu in Marin County where I live. Phil Lesh just last week closed down his music club here (called Terrapin Crossroads, naturally -- some weird dispute with the county; it was doing fine I thought) where I've been several times. I have a ton of friends who are true Deadheads so in one context or another I've probably heard everything they've done, including bootlegs. I used to savage them the way I do Radiohead but over the years my stance on them mellowed out after, of all things, "Touch of Grey" which most Dead fans hate but I think is a fabulous pop song. And I always liked "Sugar Magnolia" too.

Last edited:
I'm not the biggest Dead fan -- hippie jam rock is not really my thing -- but I saw them twice with my wife in the 80s and rainbow dancing bear and lightning skull stickers are on the back of every fucking Suburu in Marin County where I live. Phil Lesh just last week closed down his music club here (called Terrapin Crossroads, naturally -- some weird dispute with the county; it was doing fine I thought) where I've been several times. I have a ton of friends who are true Deadheads so in one context or another I've probably heard everything they've done, including bootlegs. I used to savage them the way I do Radiohead but over the years my stance on them mellowed out after, of all things, "Touch of Grey" which most Dead fans hate but I think is a fabulous pop song. And I always liked "Sugar Magnolia" too.
Yes, "Touch of Grey" is pretty much my only experience - remember hearing it and seeing the video with the skeletons. Not a bad song.

At least this will be one I can listen to with my wife who LOVES the GD. She wasn't too keen on the Pantera/RATM/Sigur Ros combo.
Ha ha yes it was , the Terrapin was an easy give away
ive only listened to one GD album ‘American Beauty’ so looking forward to this
my wife will hate it though

Excellent get.

I do think you have got it however because I cannot think of a single in the top 1000 related to a terrapin and it was their first venture away from the usual acid / jazz rock / rock that most described of their previous albums after a little hiatus.

Hail king of the hippies and to you mancitydoogle.
Cheers, yes it was the Terrapin that sealed the guess

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.