Allan Clarke on the current City team.

He has headed too many heavy wet footballs.
If that Leeds team.. or ANY team from the English first division from that era played in the PL of today they would be down by Xmas.

Allan Clarke: “I find a lot of football nowadays quite boring, I think the money has ruined it. In my day it was a more level playing field. Look at Manchester City. They are the best team because they have spent the most money."

“But I’ll tell you this, for all those millions they have had to pay to get those players at Man City, plus all those millions they have to pay them, that great Leeds side I was part of would bury them alive.
We were better players.”

He explains: “It’s all about touch and control. In our day, we stopped the ball dead. Our team at Leeds was a league team but we were all internationals.”

Lol!

Leeds were a great side at that time, but City would beat them at least 10-0
Don't be so fucking stupid.

He has headed too many heavy wet footballs.
If that Leeds team.. or ANY team from the English first division from that era played in the PL of today they would be down by Xmas.
I'd probably go as far as saying any English team from before Arsene Wenger's arrival in this country would be relegated if playing today.

I have always thought that the top players from that era could play in any top side of today. I am not sure the top players of today could play in that era on those pitches. Clarke should realise that the football today played by City, is a world away from the hoof ball he played, accompanied by thuggery it made the national side a laughing stock. I remember watching Holland play England at Wembley when Dave Watson played for England. Holland tore them apart with how they had moved the game on and we are now seeing this with City and Pep. Clarke is just a sad bar steward dreaming of his glory days which are almost as distant as silent movies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.