Allardyce was on the verge of becoming Man City manager, deal fell through at the last second...

I vaguely remember going to this when we had Sven & they had Fat Sam. The Geordies weren't too happy with having him for manager at the time.

I vaguely remember going to this when we had Sven & they had Fat Sam. The Geordies weren't too happy with having him for manager at the time.

Watched that in Leeds with a lad from Levvy surrounded by Geordies, we jumped on their table when the second went in and got chased out of the pub by a load of the fat bastards. Was well worth it

In hindsight that wouldn't have been a bad call as he was doing alright with Bolton and his stock was building.
He would have done better than leslie and probably saved us a few quid as he was the master of the free signings.
I agree. At that time he would have been more expansive in tactics at City. He was desperate to be our manager as he thought he could do it apparently.

I'd be pretty amazed if we rejected him rather than vice versa.

"I’d left Bolton and was ready to go into the job and of course the day before it was due there was a phone call from either John or Dave to say, 'I’m very sorry Sam but we’ve sold the club and they want Sven-Goran Eriksson'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.