Alonso {MERGED}

Re: Guillem Balague: Chelsea and Man City enquire after Alonso

more than likely bollocks but we do need a replacement for Elano if he goes.

pennypennytannerbob said:
This post was on SSN on 11th May. Google it and see for yourself. "*** ***** (you can see the guys name on SSN, I don't want to give the mods here any dilemma) says… "Heard from a decent source City are to sign Tevez, Alonso, Fabregas and Barry plus three others and are selling/releasing Benjani, Fernandez, Hammann, Berti, Elano, Vassell, Bianchi, Ball and Johnson" Posted 18:50 11th May 2009

Bianchi!

twinkletoes said:
pennypennytannerbob said:
This post was on SSN on 11th May. Google it and see for yourself. "*** ***** (you can see the guys name on SSN, I don't want to give the mods here any dilemma) says… "Heard from a decent source City are to sign Tevez, Alonso, Fabregas and Barry plus three others and are selling/releasing Benjani, Fernandez, Hammann, Berti, Elano, Vassell, Bianchi, Ball and Johnson" Posted 18:50 11th May 2009

Bianchi!

Twinkletoes thanks for pointing that out and apologies for not checking on a source I have quoted... Careless. Nonetheless I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this SSN post. When I heard Barry had signed it made me wonder, then Tevez made me think this is more than a lucky guess and then a rumor about Alonso just seemed ITK.

Awesome player really is. Cant see it happening Madrid want him and he wants back to Spain understandably but......if the impossible happened would be an incredible signing.

The story is on the daily mail now

Chelsea and Manchester City go back for Liverpool's Xabi Alonso as Real Madrid stall on £35m bid
By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 10:49 PM on 21st July 2009
Comments (0) Add to My Stories Real deal: City and Chelsea wait in the wings as Madrid stall on Liverpool's Xabi Alonso
Chelsea and Manchester City are in the hunt again for Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso, whose proposed move to Real Madrid has stalled.
The Barclays Premier League pair have been back in touch with Alonso's agent, having first made contact with him a month ago.
Alonso spoke of his wish to move to the Bernabeu before joining up with the Liverpool squad in Austria on Sunday.
The Spain midfielder watched his club's defeat by Rapid Vienna before flying to the Far East for the games against Thailand on Wednesday and Singapore on Sunday.
Real are still the player's most likely destination but they are not ready to meet the £35m asking price.

Matt Diablo said:
Chelsea and Manchester City go back for Liverpool's Xabi Alonso as Real Madrid stall on £35m bid
By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 10:49 PM on 21st July 2009
Comments (0) Add to My Stories Real deal: City and Chelsea wait in the wings as Madrid stall on Liverpool's Xabi Alonso
Chelsea and Manchester City are in the hunt again for Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso, whose proposed move to Real Madrid has stalled.
The Barclays Premier League pair have been back in touch with Alonso's agent, having first made contact with him a month ago.
Alonso spoke of his wish to move to the Bernabeu before joining up with the Liverpool squad in Austria on Sunday.
The Spain midfielder watched his club's defeat by Rapid Vienna before flying to the Far East for the games against Thailand on Wednesday and Singapore on Sunday.
Real are still the player's most likely destination but they are not ready to meet the £35m asking price.

wonder where they got that from...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.