Alphonso Davies

I don’t think Doku has traditional speed. He’s not that fast over longer distances - like running back he often gets beat by plenty of “slower players.” It’s really the initial acceleration. Still amazing talent, but he’s not a roadrunner.
Absolutely. Doku is more Rick Holden than Andrei Kanchelskis.

He‘s about feints and dribbles than pure speed.

Explosive acceleration and change of direction are Doku’s superpowers.

I don’t think Doku has traditional speed. He’s not that fast over longer distances - like running back he often gets beat by plenty of “slower players.” It’s really the initial acceleration. Still amazing talent, but he’s not a roadrunner.
Doku is very fast but you are right he is not a straight line runner, bit like KDB at Chelsea he was quick, but was replaced by Schurrle about the same speed but Schurrle was a straight line runner so looked faster.

Doku is very fast but you are right he is not a straight line runner, bit like KDB at Chelsea he was quick, but was replaced by Schurrle about the same speed but Schurrle was a straight line runner so looked faster.
Sterling was similar - quick off a dead start. You saw that in the Villa 2022 1st goal when he beat his defender and floated that perfect cross for Gundo at the back post.

As someone who offers a different attacking threat, yeah. Didn't say he was a great defender, just that he was useful if you wanted someone to go on the outside of the winger and give opponents something to think about.
Gvardiol has been more of an attacking threat in the last ten games than Zinchenko has in his Premier League career.
but we all have our own opinions

Doku top speed is like 35+ he clocked the fastest time of any city player this season. If he ain’t fast than we don’t actually have any fast players. Grealish apparently faster than him with 0 end product and just to pass the ball back during a counter is funny enough.

"Grealish isn't fast"

What a load of horseshit.

Apparently some people have literally a memory of the spans of the goldfish not remembering his sprinting and tackling Salah two years ago.

Doku has registered a top speed of 34.99km/h.
Grealish has registered a top speed of 34.1km/h.
I guess it depends on which source you use.

1. What is Jeremy Doku's top speed? According to uefa.com, his top speed is 30.7 km/h, with an average of 28.94 per match.

I’ve yet to see Doku outpace Salah over 60 yards and put in a last ditch tackle.

Maybe he has briefly hit 35kmh. He can’t sustain that. You can see that with your eyes!

I guess it depends on which source you use.

1. What is Jeremy Doku's top speed? According to uefa.com, his top speed is 30.7 km/h, with an average of 28.94 per match.

I’ve yet to see Doku outpace Salah over 60 yards and put in a last ditch tackle.

Maybe he has briefly hit 35kmh. He can’t sustain that. You can see that with your eyes!
UEFA covers the speed it records during its matches. Yes, he can not maintain that speed for long because of his quick acceleration that dissipates a lot of energy and the fact that he does not have the stamina to hold that for long. Doku's problem is not speed but stamina. He needs to build and hold that stamina to maintain such top speeds. It still does not negate that his top speed is 34.99km/h in the EPL. Grealish at 34.1km/h is still good, with a better stamina than Doku.

Walker had an interview and he mentioned Doku with Martinelli as one of the quickest Epl players but obviously Walker is quicker.

"Grealish isn't fast"

What a load of horseshit.

Apparently some people have literally a memory of the spans of the goldfish not remembering his sprinting and tackling Salah two years ago.

Grealish is quick when he gets going

That's why when you see him carry the ball through the middle of the pitch where there's a bit more room, he goes past the players and is difficult to get the ball off.

I don't think his acceleration is that quick off the mark which is why I have always said I don't think he's comfortable going down the outside so much when he's out on the left because he doesn't trust his acceleration to get past a player in a tight space, but at times when he drifts inside and theres a bit more room to go at, he seems much more confident in taking on players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.