Alphonso Davies

Absolutely. Doku is more Rick Holden than Andrei Kanchelskis.

He‘s about feints and dribbles than pure speed.

Explosive acceleration and change of direction are Doku’s superpowers.

I'd say that quick burst of speed is more useful for an attacker in our team anyway. When teams are defending deep there's not really much space to run in behind. We saw this with Sane who was fast over long distances but often had no space to run into and would get frustrated. Whereas for a full back like Kyle Walker chasing back, it's useful to be quicker over a long distance.

I'd say that quick burst of speed is more useful for an attacker in our team anyway. When teams are defending deep there's not really much space to run in behind. We saw this with Sane who was fast over long distances but often had no space to run into and would get frustrated. Whereas for a full back like Kyle Walker chasing back, it's useful to be quicker over a long distance.
I wasn’t criticising Doku, his acceleration is a huge asset.

It was more that fans see pace as more important than Pep does.

Thought he was all set for Madrid?

Neither he nor Frimpong strike me as Pep players. We’d have to completely change our system to accommodate. I don’t see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.