Alphonso Davies

Pace/speed is fuck all use if all it does is get you to the end of the blind alley quicker. Witness Adama Traore, formerly of Wolves.

You also need space to run into, Doku is so effective because he is fast over 3 or 4 yards. There isn't any space for wingers to run into at City because we are usually camped outside of the penalty box.

Pace/speed is fuck all use if all it does is get you to the end of the blind alley quicker. Witness Adama Traore, formerly of Wolves.
when Pep took over he had the oldest and smallest , height wise squad in the league, it being old also meant it was one of the slowest, Pep changed all of that as fast as possible, you need all attributes and options in a squad, otherwise teams identify our weak points, this happened against utd and in nearly every game where we have dropped points for the last 2 seasons. Pep has said Walker can play as a CB giving us 6 CB`s, good for a 3 or 4 at the back, bringing in Davis for Gomez means we have an extra option where we had none,, Frimpong also gives us more options, both Davis and Frimpong can cross a ball, pass, control the ball, dribble, and shoot better than Walker, they are also aware of what is happening on the pitch better than Walker, and he is better than Traore. This does not mean Walker is a bad footballer, just a disaster going forward, so we do not use him for that.

when Pep took over he had the oldest and smallest , height wise squad in the league, it being old also meant it was one of the slowest, Pep changed all of that as fast as possible, you need all attributes and options in a squad, otherwise teams identify our weak points, this happened against utd and in nearly every game where we have dropped points for the last 2 seasons. Pep has said Walker can play as a CB giving us 6 CB`s, good for a 3 or 4 at the back, bringing in Davis for Gomez means we have an extra option where we had none,, Frimpong also gives us more options, both Davis and Frimpong can cross a ball, pass, control the ball, dribble, and shoot better than Walker, they are also aware of what is happening on the pitch better than Walker, and he is better than Traore. This does not mean Walker is a bad footballer, just a disaster going forward, so we do not use him for that.
Problem with Frimpong is he is much more of a RW than a RB, look at his heat map this season and how high up the pitch he played. Not a 1-to-1 replacement for Walker which I guess is fine if you want to do the 3 CBs at the back like the 22/23 season.

I think Alphonso Davies would be a huge get for us, just doubtful we'd beat out Madrid for him.

Problem with Frimpong is he is much more of a RW than a RB, look at his heat map this season and how high up the pitch he played. Not a 1-to-1 replacement for Walker which I guess is fine if you want to do the 3 CBs at the back like the 22/23 season.

I think Alphonso Davies would be a huge get for us, just doubtful we'd beat out Madrid for him.
And that is the point, you bring in options where we had none, Frimpong has played further up the pitch, they got rid of Diaby to villa, which allowed Frimpong greater freedom, and they benefited as Frimpong was the better, more skillful, harder working and determined. Frimpong would see Foden in his better central position, and Davis would see Grealish also in his better position, but that would be as needed, with Doku and Savio also wanting game time.

Happy days if we sign Phonz

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.