Altercation at Terminal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The actual ex copper on here suggests it will go through the complaints procedure and the head stomper might have a case to answer, but the people who want head stomping to become more mainstream seem to know better.

Until the context is known, no one knows how proportionate his response was.
Indeed-one of the problems of social media is its instant and often clipped causing equally instant reaction and over reaction.

It looks incredibly violent but contextually we do know 3 officers received treatment at hospital, one with a suspected broken nose and there existed a ‘clear risk of their firearms being taken’

This was clearly already a v violent incident. Every officer has to comply by law when using force: under s117 Police and Criminal Evidence Act, s3 criminal law act 1967, Article 2 ECHR and Common Law.

Without doubt this will be a referral to the Independent Office for Police Conduct.

There will also be a criminal investigation into the 4 persons arrested which will likely mean most footage, certainly from Body Worn Cameras, will be sub judice-ie subject to justice and therefore not be released publicly.

You can quite literally see her nose pissing blood.

Until we see further footage or more eyewitnesses come forward, you're taking GMP at their word.

No one knows what happened that led to the incident.

Some are taking the side that the police officer is completely guilty, others just as loudly are taking the police side no matter what.

My inital reaction is that an officer kicking and stamping on someones head when they're lying prone on the ground is wrong. No matter what they may deserve.

That won’t be enough for some. Unless she was being held down with yet another knife to her throat, this what the guy did won’t be justified.

Things aren't always black and white.

You have no idea what led up to the situation.

You've decided the police are in the right though, no matter what.

And no, I'm not saying the guy on the floor is innocent either.

Kicking and stamping on someones head when they're already subdued does seem wrong though.

Reactions: PPT
If you attack an armed officer lethal force is a proportionate action, the fact none of these officers used their wireless hole punchers needs commending. Labours MPs that are taking the side of the criminals because of their religion allegiances are on very dodgy ground come the next election

Until we see further footage or more eyewitnesses come forward, you're taking GMP at their word.

No one knows what happened that led to the incident.

Some are taking the side that the police officer is completely guilty, others just as loudly are taking the police side no matter what.

My inital reaction is that an officer kicking and stamping on someones head when they're lying prone on the ground is wrong. No matter what they may deserve.
And yes, it’s for the officer to justify that force. It’s really that straightforward.

Absolutely no need or justification for the kick and the stamp on the head. The guy was on the floor and posing no threat whatsoever. Completely unnecessary and well out of order.
It's a serious assault irrespective of who it was. Kicking or stamping a head is attempted murder in my view.

Reactions: PPT
You can train people all you like , set down rules etc ,but at some point anger,frustration and pure human nature will take over ,and I suspect that’s the explanation here .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.