Alternative match day parking

Just bumped this thread rather than start a new one but wondered if anyone could advise me on a secure car park somewhere near the ground (obviously willing to pay the going rate),
My Brother a big blue but not been for years is sadly struggling with treatment for cancer & would like to come to a city game with me but due to his treatment has trouble walking more than half a mile or so, can anyone recomend a secure car park near the ground or would we be better parking in town & getting the tram?
I usually park in town & walk but thats not really possible with my brother, cheers.
@J.G.Blue. - there is a school right next to the South Stand (literally a 2 min walk from South Stand and Colin Bell - a liltte bit more - circa 10 mins - if you are in the North/East because of the away fans and construction - if you get there 90-100mins before kickoff you will easily get in - it's typically £10 to park - the only problem is they wait after the game to open the roads so you have to sit and listen to the radio or grab some chips post game

School is Church of England School of Resurrection - https://maps.apple.com/?address=Pilgrim Dr, Beswick, Manchester, M11 3TQ, England&auid=7463441438718048641&ll=53.480741,-2.200599&lsp=9902&q=Church of England School of the Resurrection

What3words location //ideas/hope/shirts

Pretty sure if you rang the club they would sort you out as well if you explained your circumstance - hope he has a wonderful day

@J.G.Blue. - there is a school right next to the South Stand (literally a 2 min walk from South Stand and Colin Bell - a liltte bit more - circa 10 mins - if you are in the North/East because of the away fans and construction - if you get there 90-100mins before kickoff you will easily get in - it's typically £10 to park - the only problem is they wait after the game to open the roads so you have to sit and listen to the radio or grab some chips post game

School is Church of England School of Resurrection - https://maps.apple.com/?address=Pilgrim Dr, Beswick, Manchester, M11 3TQ, England&auid=7463441438718048641&ll=53.480741,-2.200599&lsp=9902&q=Church of England School of the Resurrection

What3words location //ideas/hope/shirts

Pretty sure if you rang the club they would sort you out as well if you explained your circumstance - hope he has a wonderful day
Thanks for the info, I have decided to contact the club & see if they have any parking available, if not we have certainly got a few different options, cheers.

Thought I'd try a new tact for the Forest game. I parked in Altrincham(roughly half way) and thought it'd be a good idea to get the tram from there. Going was a easy from Alty, no problems. But at Cornbrook I noticed a few blues get off, which I thought was strange because this tram was heading for Piccadilly. When we got to town, we then got to the stop at Piccadilly(where the buses are) and the queues were off the scale. Two trams came n went and were choca, so we had to walk to the ground up the canal(which was a nice walk tbh) Now I know why the blues were getting off at Cornbrook. You live n learn hey.

As a more long term solution… we knocked on a door of a house just near the corner shop pub and asked if we can park on their drive, tenner a game. They keep an eye out for the car and have even offered to get us a permit

Just bumped this thread rather than start a new one but wondered if anyone could advise me on a secure car park somewhere near the ground (obviously willing to pay the going rate),
My Brother a big blue but not been for years is sadly struggling with treatment for cancer & would like to come to a city game with me but due to his treatment has trouble walking more than half a mile or so, can anyone recomend a secure car park near the ground or would we be better parking in town & getting the tram?
I usually park in town & walk but thats not really possible with my brother, cheers.
Have u contacted the club see if they can help?

Thought I'd try a new tact for the Forest game. I parked in Altrincham(roughly half way) and thought it'd be a good idea to get the tram from there. Going was an easy from Alty, no problems. But at Cornbrook I noticed a few blues get off, which I thought was strange because this tram was heading for Piccadilly. When we got to town, we then got to the stop at Piccadilly(where the buses are) and the queues were off the scale. Two trams came n went and were choca, so we had to walk to the ground up the canal(which was a nice walk tbh) Now I know why the blues were getting off at Cornbrook. You live n learn hey.
I’ve done East Didsbury-Cornbrook-Piccadilly to the stadium a few times and it gets absolutely rammed,uncomfortably so.Closer you are to kick off the worse it gets.The earlier you go the better,but not everyone wants to be at the ground 2 hours before kick off,although I’m sure the club want that.

I’ve done East Didsbury-Cornbrook-Piccadilly to the stadium a few times and it gets absolutely rammed,uncomfortably so.Closer you are to kick off the worse it gets.The earlier you go the better,but not everyone wants to be at the ground 2 hours before kick off,although I’m sure the club want that.
I'm defo gonna change at Cornbrook next time. But it still doesn't make getting back any easier. I'll always walk back to Piccadilly because you've no chance of getting on a tram exiting,unless you're a 80th minute leaver which I am not. P.S This was at around 13.20-30 so not that early.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.