Alternative striker options

Would love Werner here but think he would cost a good amount as Leipzig are pretty rich and will be losing Keita in the summer too. They do seem happy enough to sell their players at the right price however.

Probably prefer him before Griezmann if we had to choose. Griezmann was apparently wanting near 400k/w at the rags before Atletico's transfer ban put a hold on the deal, thats on top of a 100m+ transfer fee. I think he is a good player but inconsistent and his attitude reminds me of Rag Ronaldo. Also has shit Halloween costumes.

Werner still has a lot to grow and would be similar to Jesus, they both will have off games but both could be superstars in a few years. Potentially Germany and Brazils starting strikers at our club. Very versatile players across the front line, perfect for Pep.

Sign him up.

Wonder could we work a similar deal to Keita. Give Aguero one more season. I just feel if mendy comes back we will see a lot more 3-5-2 in which case we may not need another striker.

Pep: "Sterling can play there. He did at Old Trafford and in the States in pre-season. He showed me that he can handle that pressure without problems. He's more of a winger, a number 10, but we are not going to buy a striker."

Well, that was pretty categoric from Guardiola that we wouldn’t be buying a striker. Not sure if he meant just in January or in the summer too though?

Pep: "Sterling can play there. He did at Old Trafford and in the States in pre-season. He showed me that he can handle that pressure without problems. He's more of a winger, a number 10, but we are not going to buy a striker."

Sterling isn't a striker..he doesn't have that scent (as Pep would say) for goal that natural strikers like GJ an Kun have...yes he is top scorer this year bu he aint going to out score leading strikers in his career.

Plus if Fun does go we will have to invest in another striker.

Pep isn't going to advertise that we need a striker...that would add another 50% onto the asking price of any striker we went for.....Im hoping we go for another player like GJ (by that i mean not necessarily in style but in profile; young upcoming and exciting)

he clearly wants another attacking option...or he wouldn't have gone for sanchez

he clearly wants another attacking option...or he wouldn't have gone for sanchez

I think that’s the point he was making though. We do need another attacking option, but he wants one who can play across the front three (like Sanchez) rather than an out and out centre forward.

I think that’s the point he was making though. We do need another attacking option, but he wants one who can play across the front three (like Sanchez) rather than an out and out centre forward.
Yep that's the way I read it, Pep likes versatility and players that can play in at least two positions, this is also the reason (dare I say it) why I can see Aguero being replaced in the summer.

He's not playing because he isn't good enough, the manager has literally said as much. Are you seriously trying to claim that Iheanacho is better than Rashford at this point based on per minute stats?

Well Pep doesn't want a cf.

I'm claiming that, when he was at City, he was a better striker than Rashford at the time. Which he was, by some margin, it wasn't even close. For some reason people don't like the fact that he had a really good record at City, especially for a player in & out of the team. He scored 21 goals for City.

He was also better than Rashford when he was younger. In fact he was better than pretty much anyone.

Nowardays, both are fairly shit.

But Kelechi missed a long time out waiting for his work permit, then being injured, then having to sit on the bench at City. He has not played a proper season for years.

He went to a team who like to lump the ball forward to a lone striker, from being at a pass & move team. Not easy. And his finishing has sometimes been shit, when he's got on.

But it wasn't the other night, it was fucking mint.

It might be that Kelechi never makes it. He's had a very difficult few years. But anyone who would claim they can judge that for sure on his appearences so far, is a fucking idiot.

And anyone who says he can't score goals for City, is telling lies. He did & he probably would again, even moreso in this team.

To qualify his career so far: he had 21 goals & 8 assists, in 2.097 mins senior football for City.

Gabriel Jesus, has 17 goals & 9 assists, in 2.396 mins.

Jesus is one of the best young players in the world, but Kelechi is already proven not good enough ?

Btw Kelechi has 3 goals & 1 assist in 484 mins, whilst having an awful time and playing badly at Leicester. We are supposed to assume he definitely can't improve on that ?

Well Pep doesn't want a cf.

I'm claiming that, when he was at City, he was a better striker than Rashford at the time. Which he was, by some margin, it wasn't even close. For some reason people don't like the fact that he had a really good record at City, especially for a player in & out of the team. He scored 21 goals for City.

He was also better than Rashford when he was younger. In fact he was better than pretty much anyone.

Nowardays, both are fairly shit.

But Kelechi missed a long time out waiting for his work permit, then being injured, then having to sit on the bench at City. He has not played a proper season for years.

He went to a team who like to lump the ball forward to a lone striker, from being at a pass & move team. Not easy. And his finishing has sometimes been shit, when he's got on.

But it wasn't the other night, it was fucking mint.

It might be that Kelechi never makes it. He's had a very difficult few years. But anyone who would claim they can judge that for sure on his appearences so far, is a fucking idiot.

And anyone who says he can't score goals for City, is telling lies. He did & he probably would again, even moreso in this team.

To qualify his career so far: he had 21 goals & 8 assists, in 2.097 mins senior football for City.

Gabriel Jesus, has 17 goals & 9 assists, in 2.396 mins.

Jesus is one of the best young players in the world, but Kelechi is already proven not good enough ?

Btw Kelechi has 3 goals & 1 assist in 484 mins, whilst having an awful time and playing badly at Leicester. We are supposed to assume he definitely can't improve on that ?
I always liked him.
Seeing him through the youth/EDS teams which I know you’ve seen more of, it I always thought he was a cut above.
However seeing him in the first team I was not impressed by his first touch.

I thought it would come and he was still an impressive goal scorer. He always made the right run and had a poachers instinct, but Pep just didn’t fancy him.

Probably not st the right club now but I still think the guy is a natural goal scorer.

Just didn’t fit with us it seems.
Pity for the lad.

I wish him well.

Pep doesn't want an out an out 9 he wants someone who can play across the front 3 someone like dybala would fit that profile imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.