Alternative striker options

Pep doesn't want an out an out 9 he wants someone who can play across the front 3 someone like dybala would fit that profile imo.
Yeah basically he doesn't want another Sergio. The rotational options are limited for someone like Kun because he can only play the no 9. Whereas someone like Sanchez could play across the front 3 like you said. Dybala or Fekir would fit this role well.

I rate him but the men are saying Pep wants someone who is truly top class Werner imo would be more of a project signing such as Jesus and sane
Plays across the front 3 and has speed to burn (Exactly what Pep wants I believe). He's the best forward fit I've seen so far this season. But by season's end others might turn up.

Suarez...unavailable and a c***
Lewandowski...unavailable
Bale...obscene wages for a crock
Costa....c***
Mbappe....unavailable

Suarez...unavailable and a c***
Lewandowski...unavailable
Bale...obscene wages for a crock
Costa....c***
Mbappe....unavailable
IMO Guardiola won't ever buy a pure 9, he doesn't like one-dimensional players. And if you watch his teams playing, it simply contradicts his philosophy - it's akin to handball - pass the ball aroung the box, then attack from unexpected direction. Besides, such approach ensures that you have enough bodies behind the ball to press immediately after the ball is lost.

So, guys like Icardi, Kane, Lewandowski, Costa, Balotelli etc. are out of equation. Using them in a team that defends from the front is like playing with 10 men, you need someone either to comfortably drop to midfield, creating numerical superiorities, or to be effective all across the front line, searching for channels and occupying defenders. Shevchenko, Messi, Henry, Gabriel Jesus, Mbappe, Martial are good examples. Griezmann and Werner (I'm reading that he's good on the wings, is that true?) more or less fit this description.

Even when Pep only had Mandzukic, he forced him to play him in a 'Van Basten way', roaming across, dropping to the wings and engaging in quick combinations. Sometimes it looked hilarious. Now he does it to Aguero, who was a selfish finisher all his career.

Forward like Kane would score billions of goals but wouldn't necessarily make the team better as a whole.

Last edited:
Would any of you who watch a lot of other leagues possibly make a short list of likely/possible targets please. I fully hold my hands up to not watching much outside the prem so my knowledge is limited. I prefer not to use generic google searches, i can get a better feel from you lot on here :-D

Dybala would be perfect or werner, but both are probably not available till summer
If it's a false 9 type he wants who can play across the line not just as a striker, who possibly could get now and cheap, then ben yedder at seville, though I am not convinced he is all that and would adapt to the prem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.