Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

That’s the thing, he could hit a barn door in the last four months of the season playing at ten and lots of people on here defending him saying he’d lost confidence by playing out of position.
I think he was a bit knackered and in need of some time off. As a young lad he'd played a full season in Argentina, joined us in January, then played in the World Cup as part of Argentina's winning side.

Back playing with us right up to the Champion's League final then playing more minutes last season than most players due to Erling's injuries and his great form early on.

He's now played and won the Copa America (for the second time). He's the only player in the history of football to win a treble in Europe and the World Cup, at 24 years old he's virtually won the lot, I wish him well as I suspect most Blues do

Don't know if anyone agrees I would go and get Toney from Brentford if Alvarez moves on, spoke to an ex Bees player at Euro's and he reckons utd will get him. Me personally I think he's great unless he signs for them obviously.
Can’t see it. We won’t play 2 up front and he won’t sit on the bench behind Haaland.

Palmer was never gonna play for Pep like he is at Chelsea where everything goes through him .Team play for us.I would say Peps style has been a tad more successful
i’m sorry but i think we all have to concede that Palmer is looking like a very very good player and one that would have potentially been a de bruyne replacement. he makes things happen every time he comes on the pitch.

we’ve even done to him what chelsea did to Kev; not play him and sell off cheap. and hes a rag.

i fear he may haunt us forever

i get a little confused by the talk of us replacing rodri still.

we signed Kovacic, a champions league winning, premier league winning senior pro for a great price. he may not be exactly like Rodri but then noone is

facts are he played in a very similar position for Chelsea for years, its Pep that refuses to play him more regularly as the no6 and give rodders a break and i dont see that changing with someone else - Kovacic is as about a good as a reserve as you are gonna get
A very underrated player IMO and I don`t understand some of the criticism he gets from some Blue Mooners.

That’s the thing, he could hit a barn door in the last four months of the season playing at ten and lots of people on here defending him saying he’d lost confidence by playing out of position.

I get that but he was still one of only three players we had who got double figures in the league last season.

After him our next most prolific player was Rodri.

I'm fuming.

While it looks on paper like a good fee
What are the add ons?
Who can we buy for 64 mill that is at least as good?
Will we buy anyone?
Will we go into another season with big holes- one striker and one dm.

Playing bobb up front is just like playing alvarez midfield.

The fact he has some average games were in midfield. I think playing him centre forward for a run of games, he would be class. I knoe we have haaland but when it was mentioned last season (yes I'll get stick) but Alvarez is the longer term better player. All round player. If haaland doesn't score he offers fuxk all. Where does the pressure for him to keep his form come from now?
So you would drop the striker who has scored 90 goals in 100 games to play the striker who has scored 38 goals in 100 games? Makes sense.

Alvarez is a great player but not in Haaland's class, he clearly doesnt want to stick around and wait for Haaland, fair play to him he has ambition. Great fee - cant see the issue in the deal.

We go into the season a striker down who scored 11 PL goals with Bobb ready to come in to the position he played most of those games and Savinho an additional attacker, on top of the squad who won the Premier league for the fourth time in a row with the two main guys (Haaland and De Breune) injured for big parts of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.