Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

I can't see Toney being happy as back-up to Haaland, and that's all he would be.
Think he'd be happy enough with same amount of game time Alvarez had. Haaland and Toney together wouid be very interesting, he has a good work rate also.

Think he'd be happy enough with same amount of game time Alvarez had. Haaland and Toney together wouid be very interesting, he has a good work rate also.
But that would leave no minutes for the likes of Savio, Bobb or McAtee so we're not splashing a boatload of money on Toney.

How on earth a team can pay that amount for Alvarez when Bernardo has a release clause for £50m amazes me
Bernardo is worth £100m in a market where Alvarez is worth £70m

Fuming! Don't let it get to you too much mate.

Trust in Pep. We've seen him solve the false 9 issue by turning Gundogan into a striker when he'd never played there before. We've seen him win the CL playing 4 Centre Backs in a back 4.

As long as Guardiola has the right tools at his disposal we will always be competitive.

Very true mate but I hate that we let ourselves me messed about (letting everyone go fairly easily). What if rodri kicks up a fuss?

I liked him. I think in our team, up front he's class. Lived near me too which may have been one of his issues. They stick them in angel gardens and if he's not the type of lad too mooch about there's not much for them.

fucking hell. how do we keep doing this. Palmer might have turned out to be world class but another squad player now gone for a ridiculous fee. He’s a tidy little 6 yard box poacher but in general play i think most of us agreed he wasn't suited to being in citys build up.

probably more effective as a no9 in a front 2 but thats not en vogue
Palmer was never gonna play for Pep like he is at Chelsea where everything goes through him .Team play for us.I would say Peps style has been a tad more successful

I feel like we'd never have signed him if we knew Haaland was a possibility down the line.

Good luck to him, even if he's going to play under that dickhead at Atleti.

We don't ever get direct replacements though (I'm not even sure it's possible). If we don't bring anyone in I'll be happy with that as long as we sort the Rodri situation out.
i get a little confused by the talk of us replacing rodri still.

we signed Kovacic, a champions league winning, premier league winning senior pro for a great price. he may not be exactly like Rodri but then noone is

facts are he played in a very similar position for Chelsea for years, its Pep that refuses to play him more regularly as the no6 and give rodders a break and i dont see that changing with someone else - Kovacic is as about a good as a reserve as you are gonna get

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.