Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Not sure they are in that type of position these days mate. Besides Felix, would they have any players of interest to us? Good enough to play here?
I think we will want cash, we seem to be stockpiling for a couple of big hits late in the window.

Stating the obvious, City set a transfer fee for Alvarez of £60M plus £17M in potential add-ons specifically for Atletico Madrid.

But City should tell Chelsea and Arsenal to cough up £100M+ or go fuck themselves. If Alvarez has his heart set on leaving, he shouldn’t have signed a contract extension at City. And it should be obvious to him that if domestic competitors want a Pep-trained striker as an upgrade to the dreck they bought in prior seasons, then they’ll need to write checks at least as big as the ones they wrote for Rice, Enzo and Caicedo.
This all day. They can pay city tax

I think the childish reaction come from the players side and I would put good money in saying not from the player himself but his reps.

This is all about greed, nothing to do with game time.

I don’t really think it’s all to do with greed. Alvarez played more last season due to Kevs injury. He played as attacking mid or sometimes a striker.

If I was Alvarez I’m looking at Kev is back , Haaland is fit and ready to go , where does my game time come from? In the position that u want to play for club and country? He’s looking at cup games or sub appearances at best.

Then a new club comes along and offers consistent playing time as a striker. Starting every week. It’s an easy decision to make.

I don’t really think it’s all to do with greed. Alvarez played more last season due to Kevs injury. He played as attacking mid or sometimes a striker.

If I was Alvarez I’m looking at Kev is back , Haaland is fit and ready to go , where does my game time come from? In the position that u want to play for club and country? He’s looking at cup games or sub appearances at best.

Then a new club comes along and offers consistent playing time as a striker. Starting every week. It’s an easy decision to make.
KDB will get further injuries and his game time will be managed, Haaland has lots of injuries as does Doku, as does Grealish, a in form Alvarez plays in our team, that's how much Pep rates him.

Strong chance he will go to Atletico imo. He has definitely been approached coming out with comments like that. They have sold Morata and are trying to offload Felix. They were linked with Dovbyk but seems he is off to Roma.

Prolly only if they manage to sell felix and omorodion, fucking hell, this will drag out till the end of the august for sure, hopefully we will act fast in case.
Also him going to that mickey mouse tourney won't do him any favours if he actually wants to leave, unless he will go out early (i hope) and will demand the transfer immediately
They want him, they pay for him, very simple.

They clearly have already made him an offer which seems acceptable to the player, so now get to our table and pay the price.

70m is a steal for a player of his age and ability, 80-100m for me, even more so with a long contract.

I liked Gabby, worked his bollocks off and scored goals but when he was wasteful he was REALLY wasteful!
What I liked about Jesus is how he could impact the game, he knew when to turn it up a notch like the home game against the dippers, Jesus and Sane ran all night. With Alvarez its like he's stuck on playing at 6/10, with Jesus you got an 8/10 performance in most games

What I liked about Jesus is how he could impact the game, he knew when to turn it up a notch like the home game against the dippers, Jesus and Sane ran all night. With Alvarez its like he's stuck on playing at 6/10, with Jesus you got an 8/10 performance in most games
Missed too many big chances in big games, always costly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.