Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

He can take his time off to decide what he wants but he can wait until next summer now if he decides he wants out.

If he wanted a move this summer, he shouldn't have gone to both the Copa America and the olympics, hes possibly the only player in the league to do so and will miss a substantial part of the start of the season due to it.

I'd like to think we aren't going to tolerate waiting until the last week of the window for him to decide he wants to leave and then we struggle to get his true value in such a short period and struggle to get a replacement sorted.

Tell him hes free to leave if he wants but it will either now be in january for a premium fee on the condition we also get a replacement in or its next summer now. He's on a long contract, he's young, he's very valuable in a position a lot of clubs are looking for, we can make him stay until next summer at least.

Geez. I thought what he said was entirely reasonable. Every player wants to play in the big games. And while his form took a bit of a dip in the second half of the season, it's no coincidence that it came after Haaland returned and he was coming off of the bench. He was great for us in the entire first half of the season, which seems almost completely forgotten about.

I'd like him to stay, but if he does go, I'm sure Bobb/Foden could step in and do a great job as a false 9. However, as others mentioned, I don't think anyone can afford him. Atletico seemed a good landing spot, but they just signed Girona's striker.

I think we will want cash, we seem to be stockpiling for a couple of big hits late in the window.

I’m concerned that we’ll bank the cash and not use it to be honest mate as later in the window most clubs will bump the prices further?

Geez. I thought what he said was entirely reasonable. Every player wants to play in the big games. And while his form took a bit of a dip in the second half of the season, it's no coincidence that it came after Haaland returned and he was coming off of the bench. He was great for us in the entire first half of the season, which seems almost completely forgotten about.

I'd like him to stay, but if he does go, I'm sure Bobb/Foden could step in and do a great job as a false 9. However, as others mentioned, I don't think anyone can afford him. Atletico seemed a good landing spot, but they just signed Girona's striker.

The Girona striker looks like he is going to Roma not Atletico.

I’m concerned that we’ll bank the cash and not use it to be honest mate as later in the window most clubs will bump the prices further?
Controversial take but do we really need another attacker? We play our best when using a false 9 (even with Haaland here), If Pep chooses to go with one Winger, then the false 9 position can be rotated between Doku and Phil (Doku on the wing, Phil as the false 9 and vice versa). I don't know if we desperately need an attacker if I'm being honest.

Controversial take but do we really need another attacker? We play our best when using a false 9 (even with Haaland here), If Pep chooses to go with one Winger, then the false 9 position can be rotated between Doku and Phil (Doku on the wing, Phil as the false 9 and vice versa). I don't know if we desperately need an attacker if I'm being honest.
would be very city to get a load of wingers in and remove the target.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.