Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Alvarez ain’t stupid - he is only saying these comments because he knows a club is about to come in for him….

Adios Alvarez
Be interesting to see who
Personally I don’t see a £60m player at all

With haaland fit at best he is a sub
Would much prefer eze, olmo etc

He is just another sterling, Jesus, zinchenko
Thinks he is more important than he is
Pep makes these players look a lot better than some actually are

I really hope we sign someone to come in if Alvarez leaves and we don’t sell him to anyone in the Premier League. Would think Olmo would be the better choice?

Personally I think Sterling was a far better player for us than Alvarez.

131 goals in 339 appearances. No mean feat that.

Sterling was a nailed on regular starter.
True, until about two seasons before he left.

Sterling's stock had dropped off quite a bit - from very strong heights, it’s true - long before he got sold.

Alvarez’s has risen, and in a pretty short space of time. Sterling did more, but had longer to do it. Don’t want him to go, and I’ll only believe it when I see it, but Alvarez has only done 2 seasons, and the 1st was as a Premier League rookie. Raheem came practically oven-ready. Not a fair comparison.

Personally I think Sterling was a far better player for us than Alvarez.

131 goals in 339 appearances. No mean feat that.

Wouldn't Alvarez match that at his current rate if he also stayed 7 seasons?

He's got 36 goals in 2 seasons and 6007 minutes of football. (18 a season, and a goal every 167 mins).

Sterling got 131 in 7 seasons and 25087 minutes of football. (19 a season, and a goal every 191 mins).

I loved Sterling too :)

True, until about two seasons before he left.

Sterling's stock had dropped off quite a bit - from very strong heights, it’s true - long before he got sold.

Alvarez’s has risen, and in a pretty short space of time. Sterling did more, but had longer to do it. Don’t want him to go, and I’ll only believe it when I see it, but Alvarez has only done 2 seasons, and the 1st was as a Premier League rookie. Raheem came practically oven-ready. Not a fair comparison.

That was kind of my point, Sterling had continuity and played regularly. Alvarez has been on and off and for a forward their output suffers without consistency.

Alvarez can only be compared with Jesus.
Sterling was on another level for us.
Why compare him, judge him on what he does for City.A lot, if we sell him we need a fair price, a price I doubt anyone can pay. If he goes though he’ll become a great player somewhere else.
I think we need to keep him a least until we know Haalands future one way or another.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.