Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Wouldn't Alvarez match that at his current rate if he also stayed 7 seasons?

He's got 36 goals in 2 seasons and 6007 minutes of football. (18 a season, and a goal every 167 mins).

Sterling got 131 in 7 seasons and 25087 minutes of football. (19 a season, and a goal every 191 mins).

I loved Sterling too :)
Alvarez might match Sterling’s figures if he stayed for seven seasons, but I think it’s highly unlikely he’d get that number of goals playing on the wing.

The Girona striker looks like he is going to Roma not Atletico.
I'm just seeing that now. Hmm. That does make things interesting.

Atletico seems relatively close to signing a Hancko from Feyenoord for 30-40M, but I see they got an injection of capital from their shareholders.

Alvarez might match Sterling’s figures if he stayed for seven seasons, but I think it’s highly unlikely he’d get that number of goals playing on the wing.

Perhaps, but it's a bit more complex these days surely? Wingers are some of the highest scoring players at plenty of big clubs, and even when Alvarez plays as the main centre forward at City (which he's done in less than half his matches), he's not playing a traditional role where he gets to hog the majority of chances.

Some people are putting down Alvarez as a striker and he is not, But for me, he's best in a false 9
Pep needs to find him a place in the team with a system with Haaland

Wouldn't Alvarez match that at his current rate if he also stayed 7 seasons?

He's got 36 goals in 2 seasons and 6007 minutes of football. (18 a season, and a goal every 167 mins).

Sterling got 131 in 7 seasons and 25087 minutes of football. (19 a season, and a goal every 191 mins).

I loved Sterling too :)
this is decent considering how much he's moved about and been dropped in and out so far tbh.

hope he stays.

Some people are putting down Alvarez as a striker and he is not, But for me, he's best in a false 9
Pep needs to find him a place in the team with a system with Haaland
For me, he falls between two stools a bit.

He’s not an out and out centre forward, but I’m not sure his control is good enough to be a top class false nine and Foden probably plays that role better anyway. However, he can do a good job in both positions - certainly against weaker opposition- so he’s very valuable to the squad, but that sort of position in the squad isn’t going to be enough to keep him happy.

I hope he stays but I’m not sure he will.

Perhaps, but it's a bit more complex these days surely? Wingers are some of the highest scoring players at plenty of big clubs, and even when Alvarez plays as the main centre forward at City (which he's done in less than half his matches), he's not playing a traditional role where he gets to hog the majority of chances.
It’s not as simple and clear cut, I agree, but I just think Sterling was better at what he did and he was in our best XI for much of his time here, whereas I don’t think Alvarez is to be totally honest.

Be interesting to see who
Personally I don’t see a £60m player at all

With haaland fit at best he is a sub
Would much prefer eze, olmo etc

He is just another sterling, Jesus, zinchenko
Thinks he is more important than he is
Pep makes these players look a lot better than some actually are
Scaoni and Gallardo must be incredible because they make him look even better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.