Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

I imagine Guardiola’s pissed off because he went out of his way to give him minutes, often to the detriment of the team, by playing him almost as an 8 last season.

It’s a shame if this is how it ends, but a parting of the ways is looking pretty likely at the moment.
And when you factor in that the only way Pep was able to give him those minutes was because KDB missed 5-6 months and Haaland around 2 months, it’s better to just part ways now than have this relationship break down further. Pep would likely be giving him 20-30% fewer minutes next season even if they were getting on great.

And when you factor in that the only way Pep was able to give him those minutes was because KDB missed 5-6 months and Haaland around 2 months, it’s better to just part ways now than have this relationship break down further. Pep would likely be giving him 20-30% fewer minutes next season even if they were getting on great.
At this point. Let’s cash in and upgrade on an actual position of need. Haaland gets hurt we go to a false 9

I think we have accommodated him very handsomely when you factor in having the extra time off following the World Cup, giving him plenty of minutes even when off form, and allowing him to travel to the Olympics rather than have a pre season with us.

If he so badly wants to play important matches, I hope he enjoys his 4th place grudge match with Girona and his Round of 16 knock out matches against better opposition as he won’t be seeing many more than those at Atletico.

At this point. Let’s cash in and upgrade on an actual position of need. Haaland gets hurt we go to a false 9
Exactly.

Half the people that are furious about him potentially leaving are the same people who moaned about his performance or complained he wasn’t a natural fit in our system. The ire he’s getting seems to far outweigh what value people place on him during the season. Sure, I wish he’d stay by hes done a job for us - and likely won’t be a competitor of ours in the immediate future - so let him go in peace and use this as an opportunity.

He no longer appears committed to us.
Unhappy players are bad for the team, so let him go.
To win five in a row we need a new hunger and motivation.

Not a problem £80 million and a £100 million to PL clubs, figured i might as well throw prices around like the media, since he will not be going anywhere this summer, unless a bid comes in for him, and we buy a replacement none of that has happened.

Exactly.

Half the people that are furious about him potentially leaving are the same people who moaned about his performance or complained he wasn’t a natural fit in our system. The ire he’s getting seems to far outweigh what value people place on him during the season. Sure, I wish he’d stay by hes done a job for us - and likely won’t be a competitor of ours in the immediate future - so let him go in peace and use this as an opportunity.
This^ I will always have love for Alvarez if he ultimately leaves. Just like zinchenko and Jesus, they will be remembered fondly for me. I would also like him to stay, but the way this has been handled by him a year after signing an extension rubs me the wrong way. I’m all for getting a midfielder and a cdm backup and shipping Julian to Spain. I don’t want him to go to an English team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.