Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Love the internet. Alvarez is definitely a very good player but how many games did he change for us last year? Since the news of him wanting to leave he has gone from a good squad player to the most valuable player in the squad and how can we afford to lose him. £81m is a good bit of business - trust in Pep and Txixi

Is this definitely done? Have we accepted?

If so, well done city on holding out for a fee that’s is at current market value absolutely spot on. Thanks Julian for your effort and attitude. Good luck for the future, I hope we meet again. One of the Treble boys forever.

Amazing deal for the club

Alvarez is both very good and has potential to get better, but right now he's not a starter and won't displace Haaland nor foden in their preferred position

We spent what on him? £17mil?

Great deal for the club, huge profit especially if he hit this add-ons which you'd assume are a mixture of easy to achieve and hard to, probably get at least half of the add ons

Do wish we went for a forward, but seeing Tolmie tweets feel like it'll be Eze who I think is a top player but maybe a little underwhelming a replacement

HUGE opportunity for Bobb (and McAtee to a lesser degree) to stake a claim

Can't really turn down £81m for a player who will never be first choice in his best position and who was signed for £14m.

I have to admit, this isn't being wise after the event, but I was never a fan of his. Could never see what he brought to the team when played in midfield, the no. 10 role or the wing.
He was a very good back up striker though.

We've lost more important players and been ok
Completely agree. Always had the impression he was a square peg in a round hole for us. Was never going to be starting striker and didnt really fit in anywhere else on the pitch.

Wish him the best of luck.

I liked him a lot. He scored some great goals and some really important goals on top of that - the long-ranger against Fulham, that curler in Leipzig - but the big one for me was the 4th against Madrid in the European Cup semi. That was the one I really allowed myself to celebrate because I knew we were through.

But sadly he was never going to unseat Haaland and he was never going to be good enough as a full-time #8. I don't think we need to sign anyone as a replacement just yet either. I'd rather we gave the minutes to Bobb and McAtee, revert to a false nine whenever Haaland's injured, and then reassess in January.

All in all, a great signing who proved to be fantastic value. Came for £14m, won a treble, leaves for £75-80m. He gave us everything he could and was part of City's greatest ever team. He's reached his ceiling here and we can't offer him anymore so on he goes. He'll always be associated with happy times, good luck to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.