Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

A week before the season? Our hand clearly forced by player and buying club - difficult - but we should foresee this and plan accordingly or head it off at the pass. For a club of our supposed stature and success, we don't half look unprepared at times. That said, the club have been out maneuvered, easily done at the price offered I suppose, but the money is a consolation, granted. Just disappointed Mate. No news or deflating news after deflating news recently.

1000021947.jpg

Incredible piece of business I would say when many clubs struggle for good transfer fees. We have PL fee from Spain team, who rarely spend much (with exceptional exception of Felix ... and it did not work at all;p). Really a class act by Soriano.

Julian's been very good and useful player. Timing worked perfectly last season with KDB and Haaland injuries. He filled the gaps in various positions. Thanks to him we stayed in the title race till players came back. But till the season's end, crucial games, hes been substitute and I would not swap him for anybody there. He just no Haaland as striker and no KDB as 10. And Alvarez deserves a chance to be a main striker in top team. Would not have it hear with Haaland, we all know this. Best for Julian!

We have more than enough cover, in case of Haaland injury false 9 is an obvious option with Foden or KDB.

Many say we are short with numbers, but its not really a case. Oscar Bobb should be an equivalent of a new player with much more duties this season. Maybe McAtee and O'Reilly as well. We acquired Savio as well, so we are stacked in the attacking department.

If someone force me to make a transfer I m going to keep saying - Kovacic been very good, but at his position we may do better (maybe Bernardo will play more there or Nunes improves massively, but atm this is one weakness for me). And i do not want Kovacic out, because hes great squad player and cover for Rodri.

A week before the season? Our hand clearly forced by player and buying club - difficult - but we should foresee this and plan accordingly or head it off at the pass. For a club of our supposed stature and success, we don't half look unprepared at times. That said, the club have been out maneuvered, easily done at the price offered I suppose, but the money is a consolation, granted. Just disappointed Mate. No news or deflating news after deflating news recently.

I'm a big fan of Alvarez, but I don't think it leaves up particularly short.

I assume with Kev and Bernardo now looking like they're staying, Savio coming in, Bobb looking so good in pre-season, and Foden's success in the centre last season, that the club were fairly relaxed about him leaving.

Had we been short of attacking midfield players, I think they'd have been a lot tougher.

A successful move for everyone involved - well, for River Plate, the player and us. And probably Athletico. It's not all that often that things work out so well for everyone. We'll see how well he gets on in Spain. Good luck to him, though. He's a hard worker and should continue to do well. Plus the whole Spider Man celebration thing will probably go over better there. Thought he always looked a bit sheepish doing it at City. And so he should have. It's hard to take a grown man with a Spider Man celebration all that seriously.Good luck, Julian.

- League champions 4 times in a row (all time English men’s record)
- The treble
- The domestic treble
- 100 points
- Record goal scorers

If that’s what ‘unprepared’ and ‘deflation’ look like then give me more.

I’d also suggest reading my last post on this transfer since it gives a more level headed look at the move.
Long may it continue.
Hoozah!

Running off to read your posts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.