Alvarez replacement thread

Tammy Abraham is available for £25M from Roma. He is 26 and may be up for joining a club with a high likelihood of trophies as a bit part player. Never going to be a starter when all our players are fit but could be an effective backup for Erling and could maybe help with English trained player requirement?

Not the worst shout mate if he would accept the role.

West Ham is very close to agree a deal with Roma. Abraham is no where near the level of a starter but okay in my eyes as a pure backup striker if he can return to his pre-ACL level. (no double striker BS again thanks). He has interest from Milan though.
If he isn't good enough as a starter he isn't the right option. If it's back up for Haaland and Haalands out for a few weeks Pep would rather a false 9 than another centre forward he doesn't think is good enough.

Callum Wilson as a temporary fix to give us a year or 2 to find the next Alvarez. Already reduced to a backup role now, latter stages of his career would have a chance to win something, wouldn't cost much, knows the league. Injury record the major con but if he's not playing that often that may be fixable.

I think that's going to be the level we look at this late into the window.

Callum Wilson as a temporary fix to give us a year or 2 to find the next Alvarez. Already reduced to a backup role now, latter stages of his career would have a chance to win something, wouldn't cost much, knows the league. Injury record the major con but if he's not playing that often that may be fixable.

Thats not the signing we like making

As someone said above, if Haaland needs hooking or he's injured Pep will play one of the midfielders as a false 9 then go with a player who frankly isn't even mid-table level anymore

Manchester City don't do temporary fixes. We are much bigger and much better than that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.