Alvarez replacement thread

1) Who said anything about bringing in someone well below Haaland's level? 2) When we won with the false 9 system it's what we played. Not a back up plan to a traditional 9.
I'm not going to debate this 'til the end of time. I respect your opinion but I disagree that we are better off without a true second 9 on the squad...

Isn't everyone well below Haaland's level when it comes to goal scoring? :)

Do not think we will replace, but the lad that came in from West Ham, was offered regular game time by West Ham, seems a bit odd that he would move, if he was not getting offered similar here? obviously well down the pecking order but the cups are there for starters.

Foden can actually fill in. Has finished last season on 27 and since 2020-21 he has been averaging +10. I wouldn't mind Kyoto Furuashi but age (in terms of adapting) and possibly price is against that move. Either Evan Ferguson or Semih Kilicsoy would be too young to fill that squad role and would want more game time which is not possible and again a little too expensive for what we are currently looking for.

Last edited:
Over the last four seasons, Haaland has missed around 50 games through injury, so it’s reasonable to assume that he won’t be available for 10-12 games this season. If we don’t sign another forward this season to replace Alvarez, then we’ll have to hope that Bobb makes a swift recovery and that Echeverri arrives ready to make an immediate impact. In the meantime, Haaland’s game time will need to be managed carefully.

Over the last four seasons, Haaland has missed around 50 games through injury, so it’s reasonable to assume that he won’t be available for 10-12 games this season. If we don’t sign another forward this season to replace Alvarez, then we’ll have to hope that Bobb makes a swift recovery and that Echeverri arrives ready to make an immediate impact. In the meantime, Haaland’s game time will need to be managed carefully.

Hence we need another forward mate? Just not worth risking it is it and Erling will need resting to hopefully have him fir for the big games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.