Alvarez replacement thread

Hence we need another forward mate? Just not worth risking it is it and Erling will need resting to hopefully have him fir for the big games.
The problem, however, is that no forward worth his salt is going to come to start 10 games and otherwise be a substitute. They’re just never going to build their confidence and gain the momentum needed to perform.
If we don’t replace Alvarez, which the sands in the timer suggest may be the case, I’d prefer us to sign yet another attacking midfielder and start playing the false nine system as soon as Haaland is substituted. I know that is the area where we already appear overstocked, but it’s a long campaign and the effects of the summer may not be felt until after Christmas.

The problem, however, is that no forward worth his salt is going to come to start 10 games and otherwise be a substitute. They’re just never going to build their confidence and gain the momentum needed to perform.
If we don’t replace Alvarez, which the sands in the timer suggest may be the case, I’d prefer us to sign yet another attacking midfielder and start playing the false nine system as soon as Haaland is substituted. I know that is the area where we already appear overstocked, but it’s a long campaign and the effects of the summer may not be felt until after Christmas.

Eze?

Possibly, but had we been going for him, I think we’d have moved by now, and I see him as staying around the M25.

With Gundogan back we might fancy someone a little younger and cheaper that we could develop this season with minimal expectation or risk (Sudakov?). With the window set to close, however, any further incoming is looking less likely.

Possibly, but had we been going for him, I think we’d have moved by now, and I see him as staying around the M25.

With Gundogan back we might fancy someone a little younger and cheaper that we could develop this season with minimal expectation or risk (Sudakov?). With the window set to close, however, any further incoming is looking less likely.

Hope not mate, just because we can play false nine it doesnt mean we should?

The drop off from Erling to any top striker is big.The drop off from Erling to some of names mentioned is massive.We are well stocked on attacking mids and wingers and other play decent players available of this ilk.So we just false number as plan B unless last minute someone wants to offload a top class striker(willing to play second fiddle)at a cut price

Hope not mate, just because we can play false nine it doesnt mean we should?
True, but if the window closes without Alvarez being replaced, then we need to be pragmatic and have the players that can adapt to that formation. For example, one might argue that the need for Doku/Savinho to play in harness is reduced, as the game becomes even more reliant on maintaining possession. One way or t’other, we’ll know soon enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.