Alvarez replacement thread

Saturday’s second-half was lacklustre and akin to a pre-season game, which for many it was, yet that inability to get the three-goal cushion last year saw too many players on the park for too long, and, ultimately, come the business end we were not as sharp.

The other problem with the false 9 is that it’s both mentally and physically draining for the player on ‘point’, and if it’s de Bruyne, then he is not getting any younger.

It’s over a fortnight since Alvarez left, and his departure couldn’t have come as a complete surprise to the management, so the lack of a replacement suggests, to me, that they’re happy to go as is.
Tolm's hinting again so hopefully something in the pipeline

It’s over a fortnight since Alvarez left, and his departure couldn’t have come as a complete surprise to the management, so the lack of a replacement suggests, to me, that they’re happy to go as is.

That is a fair take. Or it could just be that is how the market is and there are reasons for leaving it late. Who knows.

Not against either, but I would be surprised if we don't add another. But by no means unhappy.

There is always January too, to address it if needed.

That is a fair take. Or it could just be that is how the market is and there are reasons for leaving it late. Who knows.

Not against either, but I would be surprised if we don't add another. But by no means unhappy.

There is always January too, to address it if needed.
It might be a combination of factors: contentment with the squad and a recognition that there is nothing available that would readily improve matters.

I always want to see the league bench full of players that Guardiola can turn to, so we’re close to that, but whether we have enough to arrive fresh against Real Madrid in April, I’m just not quite sure.

Evan Ferguson would be a great signing and would become great for us and even though it’s big fee it could be a bargain in future years .

To be on the look out for two Bs!

Perhaps his exam results were delayed…
Subsequently clarified that Brighton and Brentford have both apparently indicated willingness to do a deal
The obvious candidates would be Ferguson and Toney but wonder if it might end up being someone more left field?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.