Alvaro Negredo - How do you remember him?

Remember him bullying Vidic in the Derby. He was strong and powerful until he got injured. He was never the same after that.

Yeah broke his shoulder when the charming man had aspirations of beating big Sam's team by 30 goals. That incident still pisses me off, we were up by 8 goals, take your best striker out and put in some of the bench warmers but Manuel was in a trance.

During is 'in form' period, I thought he was precisely the sort of aggressive striker we needed. Someone prepared to bully defenders. I still think we need a bit of that in the team.
After the injury at West Ham, he was never the same - and the rumours of off field issues just seemed to put paid to a great start.

Generally look back on him with fondness.

My first memory was actually Spurs fans doing this :-

Soldado >>>>>>>>> Negredo

Fantastic player who hit the ground running for us, short lived, but a pleasure to watch.

Loved him. The best strike partner Sergio had. As many have mentioned, never the same when he got that injury.

I think most City fans tend to look more fondly on title wins 1, 3 and 4 than 2 which is probably a reason why he's not spoken about enough. Gets forgotten a bit how good Nasri was at times that season, and when called upon Javi Garcia did the business for us in the run in.

Tevez and Aguero away at Norwich were frightening that day. An almost telepathic understanding. 5 goals between them.

I loved Negredo and was sad when it ended for him. That first half of the season... Sublime.

First Impression - Hang about we've got a player here

After 3 months - This guy could well be the best number 9 in Europe

January - shoulder Injury
MelodicCompassionateBorzoi-size_restricted.gif

awesome until his ouchie, then awful afterwards, we could do with someone direct like him now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.