Am I deluded or ...

Re: Am I diluded or ...

Mancini will get the right players. Before that he will have to get rid of those he doesn't want surreptitiously.
To do that he must have the bottle! Does he?

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
YungJoshiiMcFc said:
Deluded seems to be the most popular word on here, why not try the following in the future:

beguile, betray, bluff, caboodle, cheat, con, cozen, disinform, do a number on, double-cross, dupe*, gull, hoax*, hoodwink*, illude, impose on, jive, juggle, lead up garden path, misguide, mislead, mousetrap, outfox, play trick on, snow*, string along, sucker, take in, trick

Yours truly.

At least paste a link to thesaurus.com

Would of been more handy wouldn't it? Hmmmm ..

Nelly's Left Foot said:
If the player is mainly after a pay day it's City but otherwise it's probably Spurs.

Disagree, for one Spurs are not even in the group stages yet. Secondly, we finished 10th last year but managed to get Adebayor, tevez, Barry and Lescott on board. We finished 5th this year and you would think that players seeing that will see even more progress. Expect another big summer of transfers imo.

I think only the top players such as Torres, Kaka etc would only consider us if we were in the champions leauge and while obviously i'd love us to sign Torres and players like that it's not the be all and end all. Theres still some excellent players out there who we could be looking at who'd be able to see the bigger picture and know we're a club thats on the up

I found myself thinking the same thing. Join Spurs or City? City every time. Blue tinted specs though I suppose.

IS there THAT much of a difference going to a team that MIGHT get into CL group stages than a team just missing out with more resources?

Top, top players will prob opt for CL option but willl spurs have a better pull?

We will have to wait and see I suppose. At least we are now on the map internationally. More so than last year.

Failsworth_Blue said:
I think only the top players such as Torres, Kaka etc would only consider us if we were in the champions leauge and while obviously i'd love us to sign Torres and players like that it's not the be all and end all. Theres still some excellent players out there who we could be looking at who'd be able to see the bigger picture and know we're a club thats on the up

I'm glad we're not getting the Kaka's. Wouldn't have minded Torres but like you say, not the be all and end all. We weren't even in EL this season and we still attracted top names, just not the elite. We will attract the top names again this pre season.

Spurs are one of the few well run Premiership clubs...they have turned a profit...with the extra money from Champions League, assuming they qualify, they will invest in one or two top class players which will make them a force for the next few years to come in my opinion.Thery are at the top table now and can only get stronger.
We have to push on next year and it could be a tough season...Expectation will be ridiculously high and that adds a new kind of pressure.Mancini has some time and the backing of the board and will hopefully crete a team that can really have a go.
Lots to look forward to for us Blues.

The good thign is that we are still a very good option for young, hungry players across Europe. Ozil, Hamsik, Bonucci, Boateng etc would all see us as a step up. I think the likes of Torres and co are out of the question for now.

Bazzmand Show said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
If the player is mainly after a pay day it's City but otherwise it's probably Spurs.

Disagree, for one Spurs are not even in the group stages yet. Secondly, we finished 10th last year but managed to get Adebayor, tevez, Barry and Lescott on board. We finished 5th this year and you would think that players seeing that will see even more progress. Expect another big summer of transfers imo.

Great point Bazz

We've got to trust Mancini. I think he can convince the top players to come. We should be going for the league next year, can spurs honestly say the same.

Look at it this way if City and spurs get better players and really kick on then the rags will be looking over their shoulder thinking they could get kicked out of the top 4. City, chelsea, arsenal, spurs. No rags no bindippers happy times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.