Am I deluded or ...

I don't think players are as mercenary as a lot of people seem to think. Yes, you will get a few that are only interested in fattening their bank accounts, but Mancini himself has a very good reputation in world football (a lot better than the Twitcher) and many would like to work under him because of his impressive record in Europe.
These players will be more than aware of what's happened to our club over the past season (change of manager mid-season, the horrific events concerning Adebayor, the goalkeeping crisis, etc), and I believe most of them will overlook the fact that we won't be playing C.L. next season. They will be intelligent enough to realise that we're going in the right way and many of them will want to be in on the ground floor.

think i agree with the OP, i can't see spurs qualifying for the champions league proper anyway, so they'll be no better off than us. but still can't see the 'big big names' coming, probably more like de maria etc.

If you were a player in a foreign league, or even in England, which manager would you play for given the option? Bent Arry Twitcher Brown Envelope Tax Dodging Rednapp or Roberto Mancini?

Despite what we may all think it isn't always about the money or even Champions League football. Manager's like Mancini are world renowned. The guy has been a success as a player & a manager, he's known & respected globally, as opposed to some fugly thieving shite with tourret's!!

Manc

MonsallBlue said:
I found myself thinking the same thing. Join Spurs or City? City every time. Blue tinted specs though I suppose.

IS there THAT much of a difference going to a team that MIGHT get into CL group stages than a team just missing out with more resources?

Top, top players will prob opt for CL option but willl spurs have a better pull?

We will have to wait and see I suppose. At least we are now on the map internationally. More so than last year.

but willl spurs have a better pull?
===================

LONDON<br /><br />-- Thu May 06, 2010 2:43 pm --<br /><br />
Saint Scott said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
So let me get this straight! The only reason anyone will join City is the money but they will join spurs because they are in London, make their own money and have heritage???

Listen mate, they'll join spurs for ONE reason with one caveat - Champions League football and being paid BIG money. Please don't kid yourself on the other stuff.

Top players in Summer can either join City for wads of money that WILL be playing Champions League Football after next season and most likely challenging for the title thereafter or play in the CL next season with spurs on a much lower wage.

Joining City is not as unappealing as you proclaim.

Listen petal, the original poster on this pathetic thread tried to seriously suggest that joining City is a more attractive prospect than Spurs. I am pointing out why that is not the case. The only reason why a player may choose City over Spurs is about £50,000 a week more because City are destroying the transfer market. That is the sole reason. City arent a bigger club a la United or Liverpool, City have no heritage whatsoever, foreigners prefer to play in London unless they are going to United as well and City are playing Europa League football next year. These are all valid points and whether some one eyed City fan cant see that wont make a difference.

City have no heritage whatsoever
===================
Another clueless, post 92, new breed, wanker supporter....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.