am i the only one thinking.....

A A

Anonymous

....this might be a blessing in disguise? i'm talking about tonights game.

i know we are not out yet but is it such a terrible thing if we got knocked out? top 4 is prioty this season and all these games obviously won't help that cause.

we still have a brilliant chance of the f.a cup (fingers crossed). and don't get me wrong i cannot wait to see city win something, but for me 4th is the most important if we need to progress.

i never ever want city to lose but maybe it isn't such a bad thing after all. it might give us that extra bit of rest to secure 4th or above.

what does everybody else think?

ban-mcfc said:

i know we are not out yet but is it such a terrible thing if we got knocked out? top 4 is prioty this season and all these games obviously won't help that cause.

we still have a brilliant chance of the f.a cup (fingers crossed). and don't get me wrong i cannot wait to see city win something, but for me 4th is the most important if we need to progress.

i never ever want city to lose but maybe it isn't such a bad thing after all. it might give us that extra bit of rest to secure 4th or above.

I could actually see the sense in this argument, except for one glaring thing... we played our strongest team tonight. Mancini is looking to progress.

Had we played Jo, de Jong, Boateng, Boyata, Vieira... then this would have been a reasonable result.

But we didn't, so it wasn't.

One problem with your 'blessing in disguise' - what happens if we get knocked out of Europa and finish fifth?

On the way we're playing, I think the above is the likely scenario.

We have enough quality to compete on all three fronts, its not as if we are going for the treble.

I still cannot comprehend city fans not being arsed about being knocked out of a trophy when we haven't won one for 35 years.

Soulboy said:
ban-mcfc said:

I could actually see the sense in this argument, except for one glaring thing... we played our strongest team tonight. Mancini is looking to progress.

Had we played Jo, de Jong, Boateng, Boyata, Vieira... then this would have been a reasonable result.

But we didn't, so it wasn't.

Think you`ll find that had it been Bobbys strongest team then Nige would have played.
Hardly ever see him on the bench.Always one of the first 3 names on the teamsheet !! Check the stats.

In my view, yes you are the only one thinking that. Sorry to say but that is such a small club mentality. Winners go out to win everything, that is the mentality needed. If we cannot progress to at least the semi final of Europa, even if we get top four, we won't go very far on the Champions League. End of.

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
One problem with your 'blessing in disguise' - what happens if we get knocked out of Europa and finish fifth?

i know that would be wank but it might give us a better chance considering if spuds get knocked out of CL they will only have to concentrate on PL.

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:

What is the sole priority above anything else? Top 4.

The FA Cup is a more realistic shout for a trophy anyway.

If we win nothing and finish 5th then Mancini could be on his bike.

Knowing us we'll finish 4th but Spurs will win the Champs League therefore we would be in the Europa League again.

ban-mcfc said:

we just to blow another chance for tropy...and wait for next year ..

ban-mcfc said:

Based upon current form i think come the 20th March we could be out of two cup competitions - 4th or worse in the Prem with a set of players utterely fooked off with either the club or Mancini

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.