am i the only one thinking.....

ban-mcfc said:
WNRH said:
The progression for what? Winning a trophy? Being two games away from a final and another 5 from another is what will get us trophies, not finishing 4th.

city in the champions league will be a massive (no im not a rag using that word lol) step and will raise the profile of the club, and it will also attract certain players and may well keep hold of certain players.

dont get me wrong im craving for a trophy aswell but i think to establish CL football is more important at the moment.

maybe sign a few more players in the summer and go out on all fronts next season.

Whilst i understand to a point what you are saying, it is the wrong attitude imo. There is no reason why we cannot achieve success on all 3 points, it is a defeatist attitude to say we are losing in one comp so we might aswell throw that away. Where's the winning mentality?

Didnt The Chairman Say In An Interview After the Spurs Defeat at home last year , That Next Year We Would Aim Higher , So why are we still aiming for the same, With 100m plus more spent

Soulboy said:
oakiecokie said:
Think you`ll find that had it been Bobbys strongest team then Nige would have played.
Hardly ever see him on the bench.Always one of the first 3 names on the teamsheet !! Check the stats.

I'm not quite sure the point you are making.

I said it was our strongest team... you said it wasn't because de Jong was on the bench and had it been our strongest team then he'd have played.

But Mancini put him on the bench.

So as far as the manager is concerned, this WAS our strongest team!

Yes?

NO !
How many minutes has Nige played over the past month.
Some big games coming up and don`t forget that Tevez was a sub,in case you hadn`t seen the game !!<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:46 am --<br /><br />
WNRH said:
ban-mcfc said:
city in the champions league will be a massive (no im not a rag using that word lol) step and will raise the profile of the club, and it will also attract certain players and may well keep hold of certain players.

dont get me wrong im craving for a trophy aswell but i think to establish CL football is more important at the moment.

maybe sign a few more players in the summer and go out on all fronts next season.

Whilst i understand to a point what you are saying, it is the wrong attitude imo. There is no reason why we cannot achieve success on all 3 points, it is a defeatist attitude to say we are losing in one comp so we might aswell throw that away. Where's the winning mentality?[/quote]

Correct.And something that Booby Manc has been crying about for ages.
Should also include the fans in this winning mentality.

WNRH said:
ban-mcfc said:

Whilst i understand to a point what you are saying, it is the wrong attitude imo. There is no reason why we cannot achieve success on all 3 points, it is a defeatist attitude to say we are losing in one comp so we might aswell throw that away. Where's the winning mentality?

and i understand what your saying but i just dont think we have enough this season to carry on with all 3, our players look fucked as it is. i want city to win everything but i think we need to concentrate on 4th and we are alot closer in the fa.cup so that has to be a priority.

i think we definitley need to add to this squad this summer without a doubt.

oakiecokie said:
Soulboy said:
I'm not quite sure the point you are making.

I said it was our strongest team... you said it wasn't because de Jong was on the bench and had it been our strongest team then he'd have played.

But Mancini put him on the bench.

So as far as the manager is concerned, this WAS our strongest team!

Yes?

NO !
Some big games coming up and don`t forget that Tevez was a sub,in case you hadn`t seen the game !!

Eh?

You made even less sense than the previous time!

Was tonight Mancini's strongest team?

Yes or no... it's not difficult.

If he left Tevez and de Jong out it was to play what he believed was his strongest team.

If he didn't play what he believed to be his his strongest team, then he should be fucking sacked for cheating!

Soulboy said:
oakiecokie said:
NO !
Some big games coming up and don`t forget that Tevez was a sub,in case you hadn`t seen the game !!

Eh?

If he left Tevez and de Jong out it was to play what he believed was his strongest team.

If he didn't play what he believed to be his his strongest team, then he should be fucking sacked for cheating!

If you can`t read I can book you in for some literacy lessons at the local college or ask for some additional help at your school.

oakiecokie said:
Soulboy said:
Eh?

If you can`t read I can book you in for some literacy lessons at the local college or ask for some additional help at your school.

So the question I asked was too difficult.

I won't make that mistake again!

Soulboy said:
oakiecokie said:

So the question I asked was too difficult.

I won't make that mistake again!

I gave you an answer thick fucker.
If you don`t comprehend whose fault is that.
By the way,what the shit are you on about "should be sacked NOT playing his strongest team??"
Its a fucking squad of 28 you thick twunt !!

Our strongest team tonight,assuming everyone on the bench was fit to play ,would have included Tevez and Nigel. Mancini picked a team and a formation that he believed could do the job and it didn't happen as he had expected or hoped.
He thinks that was because of 2 bad goals being given away so I assume from that he believes one or more defenders were at fault.These things happen.

He would have hoped,if we had to lose it would be by just one goal and preferably with an away goal for us.

I don't agree it might be good for us tonight as I think we need,really need a good performance especially away from home as we havent had one for a long time.We need a morale boost.

ban-mcfc said:
....this might be a blessing in disguise? i'm talking about tonights game.

i know we are not out yet but is it such a terrible thing if we got knocked out? top 4 is prioty this season and all these games obviously won't help that cause.

we still have a brilliant chance of the f.a cup (fingers crossed). and don't get me wrong i cannot wait to see city win something, but for me 4th is the most important if we need to progress.

i never ever want city to lose but maybe it isn't such a bad thing after all. it might give us that extra bit of rest to secure 4th or above.

what does everybody else think?

I think you are absolutely right and have been saying this for a while.

Thanks to injuries and loaning out too many players, we no longer have the luxury we had early season of resting players the same.

The team look shagged and if we had to play two games every week, and fit the Spurs home game in on a Thursday whilst we play Stoke on a Tuesday in the next to last week before Wembley (which is what would happen if we went all the way in both competitions) then the chances are we would lose both finals through complete and utter exhaustion and qualifying for the top four would have gone for a Burton weeks before.

If we get knocked out of Europe our chances of top four and FA Cup glory significantly increase and they are by far the most important two competitions out of the three.

If we never played in the Consolation Cup again it wouldn't bother me. We've given our fans long awaited European trips now but it's just becoming a drain on everyone's resources for little or no reward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.