am i the only one thinking.....

imo winning the europa league is miles better than the F.A cup, but with the F.A cup being drawn to a close, it's our main priority at the moment along with getting a top 4 spot.

i'd love to win both but it ain't gonna happen.

WNRH said:
We have enough quality to compete on all three fronts, its not as if we are going for the treble.

I still cannot comprehend city fans not being arsed about being knocked out of a trophy when we haven't won one for 35 years.

trophies will come.... 4th is the platform for progression.

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
One problem with your 'blessing in disguise' - what happens if we get knocked out of Europa and finish fifth?

On the way we're playing, I think the above is the likely scenario.

So hopefully we`ll have to win the FA Cup,which still won`t get us into the CL though !!
But is a bit of silverware more important to HH and the hierarchy than a CL place ??

Thing is, until tonight I was all behind our europa campaign, been to all home matches and already bought ticket for next week.
But now i'm thinking; its another 6 matches to win this, whereas we can win the fa cup with 3 (including one against a lower league team and one against a mid/low ranking prem team).
Couple that with the fact we are away at one of our rivals for a champs league place on the sunday after the return leg, and my conclusion is I honestly wouldnt mind if the manager picks a genuine young/second string line up next week.
Going out would give us a few extra % in our bid for 4th.

ban-mcfc said:
....this might be a blessing in disguise? i'm talking about tonights game.

i know we are not out yet but is it such a terrible thing if we got knocked out? top 4 is prioty this season and all these games obviously won't help that cause.

we still have a brilliant chance of the f.a cup (fingers crossed). and don't get me wrong i cannot wait to see city win something, but for me 4th is the most important if we need to progress.

i never ever want city to lose but maybe it isn't such a bad thing after all. it might give us that extra bit of rest to secure 4th or above.

what does everybody else think?
I think we should play all season to qualify for Europa league then resign from the competition because we can't win it anyway so way bother, dear dear.

oakiecokie said:
Soulboy said:
I could actually see the sense in this argument, except for one glaring thing... we played our strongest team tonight. Mancini is looking to progress.

Had we played Jo, de Jong, Boateng, Boyata, Vieira... then this would have been a reasonable result.

But we didn't, so it wasn't.

Think you`ll find that had it been Bobbys strongest team then Nige would have played.
Hardly ever see him on the bench.Always one of the first 3 names on the teamsheet !! Check the stats.

I'm not quite sure the point you are making.

I said it was our strongest team... you said it wasn't because de Jong was on the bench and had it been our strongest team then he'd have played.

But Mancini put him on the bench.

So as far as the manager is concerned, this WAS our strongest team!

Yes?

chesterbells said:
Thing is, until tonight I was all behind our europa campaign, been to all home matches and already bought ticket for next week.
But now i'm thinking; its another 6 matches to win this, whereas we can win the fa cup with 3 (including one against a lower league team and one against a mid/low ranking prem team).
Couple that with the fact we are away at one of our rivals for a champs league place on the sunday after the return leg, and my conclusion is I honestly wouldnt mind if the manager picks a genuine young/second string line up next week.
Going out would give us a few extra % in our bid for 4th.

this is pretty much exactly how i'm feeling.

ban-mcfc said:
WNRH said:
We have enough quality to compete on all three fronts, its not as if we are going for the treble.

I still cannot comprehend city fans not being arsed about being knocked out of a trophy when we haven't won one for 35 years.

The progression for what? Winning a trophy? Being two games away from a final and another 5 from another is what will get us trophies, not finishing 4th.

WNRH said:
ban-mcfc said:

The progression for what? Winning a trophy? Being two games away from a final and another 5 from another is what will get us trophies, not finishing 4th.

city in the champions league will be a massive (no im not a rag using that word lol) step and will raise the profile of the club, and it will also attract certain players and may well keep hold of certain players.

dont get me wrong im craving for a trophy aswell but i think to establish CL football is more important at the moment.

maybe sign a few more players in the summer and go out on all fronts next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.