am i wrong for going a bit annoyed about this? (blackpool)

texas pete said:
I haven't trawled the full 32 pages so hopefully this will not have been stated before.

My understanding is when we played at the swamp a few years back (got beat 2-0, Tevez scored) is that globally the OSC was allocated 900 tickets of a 3000 allocation. Globally, 1100 applications were made through OSC. So you had an 81% chance of getting a ticket if you were a member irrelavent of your points total.

Totally wrong for me, but as stated previously the OSC is part of the clubs furniture and will never change.

im not 100% sure but i dont think the osc would get an allocation of 900 for ot

dw7 said:
texas pete said:
I haven't trawled the full 32 pages so hopefully this will not have been stated before.

My understanding is when we played at the swamp a few years back (got beat 2-0, Tevez scored) is that globally the OSC was allocated 900 tickets of a 3000 allocation. Globally, 1100 applications were made through OSC. So you had an 81% chance of getting a ticket if you were a member irrelavent of your points total.

Totally wrong for me, but as stated previously the OSC is part of the clubs furniture and will never change.

Fair enough, like I say it was my understanding from a top source. I have no agenda.

texas pete said:
dw7 said:

Fair enough, like I say it was my understanding from a top source. I have no agenda.

the only reason why i say it is because i know they only got 400 for whu last game of the season because this was so popular until we lost to spurs<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:02 pm --<br /><br />
Prestwich_Blue said:
swp80 said:
Exactly, dont see people moaning about tickets for this. go to these games and get the points then theres no need to worry.
Big difference as we've got around 5,000 tickets. And don't be patronising. I've got Wigan tickets and was at Spurs and will (hopefully) be at Newcastle on Boxing Day.

Many of us do go to these games and have got lots of points but can't get tickets for games like Blackpool and the swamp because someone who never sets foot outside CoMS has a mate at the branch and fancies these type of games.

i think only 3 away league games last year sold out to season card holders utd liverpool and arsenal that leaves 16 other league games that nobody cared weather or not supporters clubs got tickets

dw7 said:
texas pete said:

the only reason why i say it is because i know they only got 400 for whu last game of the season because this was so popular until we lost to spurs

-- Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:02 pm --

Prestwich_Blue said:
Big difference as we've got around 5,000 tickets. And don't be patronising. I've got Wigan tickets and was at Spurs and will (hopefully) be at Newcastle on Boxing Day.

Many of us do go to these games and have got lots of points but can't get tickets for games like Blackpool and the swamp because someone who never sets foot outside CoMS has a mate at the branch and fancies these type of games.

i think only 3 away league games last year sold out to season card holders utd liverpool and arsenal that leaves 16 other league games that nobody cared weather or not supporters clubs got tickets

Let's face it, with European commitments there should be very few games people cannot see which they want to.

Wigan for example will go to general and may just about sell out before the game.

Blackpool will be a problem as of an allocation of 2,500 say 500 go to the OSC. the people who will miss out will have points between 3000 - 4500. They will regard themselves as having put in a hell of alot of groundwork not to be able to get to such an attractive fixture.

Aalborg a couple of years ago we got 450 tickets. I am not sure how may exactly went to the OSC but I am sure people with 5000 + points missed out. They could be rightly furious in my opinion.

I don't know the solution but what I do know is the OSC will never go away so the work around is to join one !

dw7 said:
texas pete said:

the only reason why i say it is because i know they only got 400 for whu last game of the season because this was so popular until we lost to spurs

Funny you mention spurs dw, everyone in our supporters club still went to WH, but there where quite a few knocking about on here, eh balls to your loyalty.

Ticket For Schalke said:
dw7 said:

Funny you mention spurs dw, everyone in our supporters club still went to WH, but there where quite a few knocking about on here, eh balls to your loyalty.

Come on TFS, when the CL chance had gone did you really expect the same numbers to show up at WH ?

Be realistic, some have more loyalty then others but you must have known that.

From OSC:
***** as always will do his very best to get tickets for the Branch but please structure your expectations based on your own loyalty points.
In reality the allocation to City is expected to be very small compared to other Premier games so in turn the allocation for supporters clubs will also be small so please advise your members not be expect tickets through this scheme

Kevin Parker
General Secretary

tueartsboots said:
From OSC:
***** as always will do his very best to get tickets for the Branch but please structure your expectations based on your own loyalty points.
In reality the allocation to City is expected to be very small compared to other Premier games so in turn the allocation for supporters clubs will also be small so please advise your members not be expect tickets through this scheme

Kevin Parker
General Secretary

It's hard to put "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" in writing... without cover being blown ;)

Lets just start a campaign get everyone to sign up to the OSC, if we all apply for tickets through them then surely they must have to favor supporters in the club with their own higher loyalty points hence those (probably the majority) that get priority over loyal supporters with points will miss out or at least find it a struggle like us lot do!.......at the very least it will cause them admin problems highlight the problem and get loads of spare tickets ready for redistribution for cost price on bluemoon!

I've read this thread with interest as both an OSC branch secretary AND Bluemoon member (raised funds on here a while back for Carl appeal)
This is my personal opinion and not that of the OSC....
Part of the purpose of a Supporters Club of any team I believe is to widen the support base of a Club especially outside of the locality. So take a branch 200 miles from Eastlands for example. Most of the members may not be able to get to matches week in week out and build up points in the same way as regulars. However, surely they should still have an opportunity, however small, to get to see their Club. In turn, they're then likely to pass their support on to the next generation and so on.
Many members actually would qualify for tickets on a points basis-I have over 5000 as do a number of others in the North East. I cannot comment on what other Branches do but ours certainly do not "take the piss" and priority is ALWAYS given to Seasoncard holders. OSC's get a minority of an away ticket allocation and whilst the system is certainly not perfect (the lad who was showing off on here re Derby ticket was "politely advised" of his error) I honestly cannot see a better way. I think the issue is becoming more relevant now because of the success that is just around the corner when the demand for tickets is always going to exceed the supply.
Tin hat is now on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.