am i wrong for going a bit annoyed about this? (blackpool)

You are absolutely right about this and it should be stopped. I have had a season ticket for many years and have found it really difficult to get away tickets, uyet someone I worked with who joined an OSC got tickets easily. It should definitely be down to points, that would sort it out fairly.

bluejean1 said:
You are absolutely right about this and it should be stopped. I have had a season ticket for many years and have found it really difficult to get away tickets, uyet someone I worked with who joined an OSC got tickets easily. It should definitely be down to points, that would sort it out fairly.

why i'd say only 3/4 away games sell out to season card holders each year

The best & fairest way which will fuck up every single scam you fuckers are trying to use is this-
20yrs going down in 2yrs at a time ST holders down to 1yr get first go at tickets then loyalty points kick in, THEN now this is the crippler that will fuck a lot of you up you HAVE to have a photo ID card like the OSC's have & the ticket holders name will be on the ticket AND 4 stewards from City will check each ticket as you enter the ground,if they don't match you are done for good,a great way to weed out the scrotes aswell a seat can be pointed out & the person in it will be easy to trace.
I know all the scams & that will end all the moaning which for some reason has picked up pace,i wonder why.

bluemanc said:
The best & fairest way which will fuck up every single scam you fuckers are trying to use is this-
20yrs going down in 2yrs at a time ST holders down to 1yr get first go at tickets then loyalty points kick in, THEN now this is the crippler that will fuck a lot of you up you HAVE to have a photo ID card like the OSC's have & the ticket holders name will be on the ticket AND 4 stewards from City will check each ticket as you enter the ground,if they don't match you are done for good,a great way to weed out the scrotes aswell a seat can be pointed out & the person in it will be easy to trace.
I know all the scams & that will end all the moaning which for some reason has picked up pace,i wonder why.

they tried this at celtic and newcastle and season ticket holders kicked up a big fuss so t was knocked on the head

Can you imagine trying to check 47,000 photo Ids? We'd have to start going in the day before the match to make sure we could all get in for kickoff!

dw7 said:
Interstate 5 said:
Can you imagine trying to check 47,000 photo Ids? We'd have to start going in the day before the match to make sure we could all get in for kickoff!

i think he means for away games

Cup finals then? 31,000 for Carling Cup and 25,000 for FA.

I must admit I have a stance that's in favour of both sides on this topic which crops up from time to time.

When I was a kid (I was born in 1982 and me Dad started taking me to City from 1989) there was no Loyalty Points system at City but even if there was my Dad wasn't a Daddy who had the all the money and time to buy me season tickets and take me to every away game as well as home. He did take me to about 10 home games and one or two away games every year, that's all he could afford and had time to take me to as Mam couldn't work so Dad had to work many weekends. The Loyalty Points system came in when I was of an age where my Dad told me that if I ever wanted anything I would have to go out and work to earn to buy it, he didn't just go and buy me stuff and make me think life was handed to me on a plate.

So as a student I went out and found various jobs that gave me enough money to possibly go to one, at best two, games a month (considering there's up to 6 or 7 a month sometimes) and that didn't include many away's really, probably one a season (considering there's more points awarded for away games).

When I left uni I managed to be in a position to get a job that gave me enough money for a seasoncard and to go to 8-10 away games season on season. But by then I was a fair few years behind those who'd been lucky enough to be of an age and a financial status to buy every season ticket and every away ticket from day dot on the Points system. No matter if I won the lottery and was able to go to every single City game for the rest of my life, I'll always be behind those at the top and will never catch up. But I am no less a City fan than them.

So now for the away games I want to go to that I don't have enough points for that usually sell out before they come down to my Points level, I use the OSC to get tickets. Like Old Trafford or Blackpool for example, and I'd hope that would be the same for cup finals that sell out before it got to my level (although maybe I would have enough Points to get me a final ticket, we've never got to one in my time so wouldn't know what level that'd come down to).

Now I see nothing wrong with what I do for a couple of reasons.
One, because I don't give a shit if some kid has a Daddy who's on £50k/yr and just buys his kid whatever he/she wants which includes every single seasoncard and away game ticket since the Loyalty Points system came in - I don't see how that kid is anymore deserving than me to get a ticket.
And two, and this one is the biggie, to all those bastards who pay for your early cup game tickets because you can afford it like it's nothing (while I have to really watch the pennies when extra games crop up sometimes) but just so you can get the Loyalty Points and you don't even bother going because you can't be arsed to support your team at this stage of competitions - FUCK YOU! I'll have an Old Trafford derby or Blackpool ticket 100 times over before I ever think you deserve it!

Similarly I wouldn't complain if some lad who came from a poor family as a kid and had never been to a game because his parents couldn't afford it at all, bit even one. But was in a position come 2005, or whenever, to buy a seasoncard and go to a fair few away's. Let's say he only has 2500 Points (which is a fair bit less than me) but he got a ticket for Fulham away - arguably my favourite away fixture - from the OSC ahead of me. I'd have no complaints because that lad is no less deserving of that one ticket than me. He is just as much a City fan as I am. Now that might only happen once every other season, and I know I'll have plenty of other away's to go to.

Yes the Loyalty Points system is the fairest way as most who have gone with it have deserved their points and deserve to go to to Old Trafford and Blackpool. I'd imagine many have sacrificed many things over the years to have the points you have. But so have I you know but my situation has meant that I have only a reasonable amount of points. Therefore I also think the OSC deserve to have a percentage of tickets for ALL games because of people like me. Selfish as that may be, I don't care, because of them two reasons above.

bluemanc said:

Seems fair enough to me.

I know it would be difficult due to price differences at away fixtures but couldn't there be some kind of away game season ticket with photo?

danburge82 said:
I must admit I have a stance that's in favour of both sides on this topic which crops up from time to time.

When I was a kid (I was born in 1982 and me Dad started taking me to City from 1989) there was no Loyalty Points system at City but even if there was my Dad wasn't a Daddy who had the all the money and time to buy me season tickets and take me to every away game as well as home. He did take me to about 10 home games and one or two away games every year, that's all he could afford and had time to take me to as Mam couldn't work so Dad had to work many weekends. The Loyalty Points system came in when I was of an age where my Dad told me that if I ever wanted anything I would have to go out and work to earn to buy it, he didn't just go and buy me stuff and make me think life was handed to me on a plate.

So as a student I went out and found various jobs that gave me enough money to possibly go to one, at best two, games a month (considering there's up to 6 or 7 a month sometimes) and that didn't include many away's really, probably one a season (considering there's more points awarded for away games).

When I left uni I managed to be in a position to get a job that gave me enough money for a seasoncard and to go to 8-10 away games season on season. But by then I was a fair few years behind those who'd been lucky enough to be of an age and a financial status to buy every season ticket and every away ticket from day dot on the Points system. No matter if I won the lottery and was able to go to every single City game for the rest of my life, I'll always be behind those at the top and will never catch up. But I am no less a City fan than them.

So now for the away games I want to go to that I don't have enough points for that usually sell out before they come down to my Points level, I use the OSC to get tickets. Like Old Trafford or Blackpool for example, and I'd hope that would be the same for cup finals that sell out before it got to my level (although maybe I would have enough Points to get me a final ticket, we've never got to one in my time so wouldn't know what level that'd come down to).

Now I see nothing wrong with what I do for a couple of reasons.
One, because I don't give a shit if some kid has a Daddy who's on £50k/yr and just buys his kid whatever he/she wants which includes every single seasoncard and away game ticket since the Loyalty Points system came in - I don't see how that kid is anymore deserving than me to get a ticket.
And two, and this one is the biggie, to all those bastards who pay for your early cup game tickets because you can afford it like it's nothing (while I have to really watch the pennies when extra games crop up sometimes) but just so you can get the Loyalty Points and you don't even bother going because you can't be arsed to support your team at this stage of competitions - FUCK YOU! I'll have an Old Trafford derby or Blackpool ticket 100 times over before I ever think you deserve it!

Similarly I wouldn't complain if some lad who came from a poor family as a kid and had never been to a game because his parents couldn't afford it at all, bit even one. But was in a position come 2005, or whenever, to buy a seasoncard and go to a fair few away's. Let's say he only has 2500 Points (which is a fair bit less than me) but he got a ticket for Fulham away - arguably my favourite away fixture - from the OSC ahead of me. I'd have no complaints because that lad is no less deserving of that one ticket than me. He is just as much a City fan as I am. Now that might only happen once every other season, and I know I'll have plenty of other away's to go to.

Yes the Loyalty Points system is the fairest way as most who have gone with it have deserved their points and deserve to go to to Old Trafford and Blackpool. I'd imagine many have sacrificed many things over the years to have the points you have. But so have I you know but my situation has meant that I have only a reasonable amount of points. Therefore I also think the OSC deserve to have a percentage of tickets for ALL games because of people like me. Selfish as that may be, I don't care, because of them two reasons above.
Dad if he can't afford it Daddy if he can , get that chip off your shoulder mate.
I work hard for my money and do take my 12 year old home and away,he's been going 3 years now and got over 3500 points.Unfortunately there are no "Chimney Sweep" jobs going at the moment. In saying that I get your point.
If a youngster starts going to City H&A and he's going to all the games it's unfair that he misses one of the big games because someone whos been going for 20 years at home suddenly wants to go and has the points

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.