am i wrong for going a bit annoyed about this? (blackpool)

dw7 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Strictly speaking - yes it is. Resale of football tickets is currently a criminal offence, whether sold at face value or not.

but osc are given a certin number of tickets by mcfc to sell to members people on here buy their tickets then sell them on thus the ticket being sold twice where as osc are only selling them once
They aren't "given" tickets as I understand it. They apply for tickets on behalf of members who are supposed to have the correct loyalty points. What I don't know is whether the club record the supporter numbers used or hwther I could apply through an OSC branch and also on a personal basis to the ticket office.

Instead of people saying "I've been involved with an OSC branch for years and knwo how the system works" I wish they'd tell us, step-by-step, how the system does actually work. I suspect they won't as they know it's corrupt (or at least open to corruption).

There sre too many stories on here about people saying their mate is branch secretary and therefore they will get a ticket for game x, y or z for these to be apocryphal.

I repeat no-one complains when the Supporters Branches take extra to sell to there members because it is an unatractive fixture .we would have hundreds more empty seats at some away games if it wasnt for the branches .people moan because they have a me me me atitude .if some one gets of there backside & gets something sorted it is always the one who cant be arsed who will complain

cyberblue said:
I repeat no-one complains when the Supporters Branches take extra to sell to there members because it is an unatractive fixture .we would have hundreds more empty seats at some away games if it wasnt for the branches .people moan because they have a me me me atitude .if some one gets of there backside & gets something sorted it is always the one who cant be arsed who will complain

So if the members take up the 'unwanted' tickets then surely they'll have enough loyalty points for the big games?

blue_bird said:
cyberblue said:

So if the members take up the 'unwanted' tickets then surely they'll have enough loyalty points for the big games?

the same members dont take all the unwanted tickets all the time<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:26 pm --<br /><br />
Prestwich_Blue said:
dw7 said:
but osc are given a certin number of tickets by mcfc to sell to members people on here buy their tickets then sell them on thus the ticket being sold twice where as osc are only selling them once
They aren't "given" tickets as I understand it. They apply for tickets on behalf of members who are supposed to have the correct loyalty points. What I don't know is whether the club record the supporter numbers used or hwther I could apply through an OSC branch and also on a personal basis to the ticket office.

Instead of people saying "I've been involved with an OSC branch for years and knwo how the system works" I wish they'd tell us, step-by-step, how the system does actually work. I suspect they won't as they know it's corrupt (or at least open to corruption).

There sre too many stories on here about people saying their mate is branch secretary and therefore they will get a ticket for game x, y or z for these to be apocryphal.

my point was the osc are given tickets to sell by mcfc so it aint illegal but players ex players and sponsers are given complimtery tickets not to be re sold and people who buy and resell on here are illegal

cyberblue said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
Don i know all about supporters clubs, i help out at one.
Good on you then you know how the system works & that some on here are talking bollocks

Erm............

That's bolloxs. And I know that for a fact.

I friend at work is a member of one of the Stockport branches. He has just bought a seaon ticket for the first time.

He hasn't been to any away mtaches.(apart from Spurs this season) He has hardly any loyalty points either. Unsurprisingly he has attended the last two derbies at Old Trafford, courtesy of the branch he is a member of.

How do I know it's the truth? I've met him on both occasions during half time at OT.

Let's be honest. This.....(fill in as appropriate) is rife in the branches, but ask anyone who's in a branch and they swear that members without enough loyalty points don't get tickets. Well they do. And as I've said on numerous occasions, it stinks.

What's even worse, City know it's going on and they tolerate it. Why?

Unfortunately there will always be two camps. Those that know the truth(us), and those that are members of branches and can't even admit that it happens.

BTW. No I don't want to join a branch, as I've earned enough loyalty points over the years through traveling away. I just feel sorry for City fans who have earned their points in a similar manner, but are missing out because of the (fill in as appropriate) at the branches who are 'nicking' their tickets. Did I say 'nicking'? That's correct!

Over to you City and Danny.

cyberblue said:
So these members wouldn't buy a ticket if they weren't an OSC member? Do branch secretaries twist people's arms? I've never heard such bollocks and the more you huff and puff about it instead of giving everyone an insight into how the process actually works then the more I think OSC branch committees have got something to hide.

jrb said:
cyberblue said:
Good on you then you know how the system works & that some on here are talking bollocks

Erm............

I friend at work is a member of one of the Stockport branches. He has just bought a seaon ticket for the first time.

He hasn't been to any away mtaches.(apart from Spurs this season) He has hardly any loyalty points either. Unsurprisingly he has attended the last two derbies at Old Trafford, courtesy of the branch he is a member of.

How do I know it's the truth? I've met him on both occasions during half time at OT.

Let's be honest. This.....(fill in as appropriate) is rife in the branches, but ask anyone who's in a branch and they swear that members without enough loyalty points don't get tickets. Well they do. And as I've said on numerous occasions, it stinks.

Unfortunately there will always be two camps. Those that know the truth(us), and those that are members of branches and can't even admit that it happens.

BTW. No I don't want to join a branch, as I've earned enough loyalty points over the years through traveling away. I just feel sorry for City fans who have earned their points in a similar manner, but are missing out because of the (fill in as appropriate) at the branches who are 'nicking' their tickets. Did I say 'nicking'?

if you know the truth out of 3k away tickets how many tickets do the osc get off city per game

jrb said:
cyberblue said:

Erm............

How do I know it's the truth. I've met him on both occasions during half time at OT.

BTW. No I don't want to join a branch, as I've earned enough loyalty points over the years through traveling away. I just feel sorry for City fans who have earned their points in a similar manner, but are missing out because of the (fill in as appropriate) at the branches who are 'nicking' their tickets. Did I say 'nicking'?

Our ticket system is the best in the league imo.

its not the supporters club fault if they have got a ticket for someone and they have passed it on.

Ticket For Schalke said:
jrb said:
Erm............

How do I know it's the truth. I've met him on both occasions during half time at OT.

Our ticket system is the best in the league imo.

its not the supporters club fault if they have got a ticket for someone and they have passed it on.

Instead of passing them on, why don't they return the tickets to the ticket office? Simple.

Then again, we are talking about the branches, where mates help mates out and somebody always get a free pint, as a thank you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.