Amazon Buy 20 PL Games

Amazon subscription to double I fully expect

I doubt it they may push up prices a little but the Amazon guy ain't stupid. He knows that the potential of having new business buying from him is worth far more than pissing off his punters. There may be the introduction of tiered level of membership that gets you football or the bog standard access to just the rest of the tat.

Once they see the success (views) on these games I wont be surprised to see them go huge next year and outbid everyone.

TourHero._CB536052915_UY300_.jpg

I'm in fuck you Murdoch!

I doubt it they may push up prices a little but the Amazon guy ain't stupid. He knows that the potential of having new business buying from him is worth far more than pissing off his punters. There may be the introduction of tiered level of membership that gets you football or the bog standard access to just the rest of the tat.
This is small change for Amazon. I personally love their service - next day delivery, movies, music (albeit I’ve mostly migrated back to Spotify, I’ve reduced it down to the Echo licence only - prefer the Spotify app, but hate having to say “on Spotify” when asking the things to play music).

Over in Dongguan, south China - Amazon shops are being set up left, right and centre. I'd say that the Premier League sales impact in that city is already under way. Before Amazon bought TV rights, nobody cared much for this American giant. They were happy with AliExpress, Taobao, JD.cn and other Chinese backed markets to sell to 'merica and Europe. Amazaon just changed things.

I can see nothing positive in this. It means if you want to watch all City's games next season you will have to pay more. On another level despite the convienience Amazon and companies like it bleeds countries dry, pays little tax, takes profits out towns which and even the country and pays minimum wages. As always politicians wont be able to see the damage it is doing until it's too late.

This is small change for Amazon. I personally love their service - next day delivery, movies, music (albeit I’ve mostly migrated back to Spotify, I’ve reduced it down to the Echo licence only - prefer the Spotify app, but hate having to say “on Spotify” when asking the things to play music).

Me too my kids got echo's and fire TV's boxes a for Christmas and can safely say best presents that they have ever had in terms of usage.

The thing is Amazon do not need to make money off this. I currently work with a lot of media clients (Disney, Sky, Comcast) and they are all shitting it with regards to what Amazon will do.

I can see nothing positive in this. It means if you want to watch all City's games next season you will have to pay more.

That's not true. They are showing a package of games that weren't on TV before, whereas in the past 168 games were televised, now it will be 200 . Only 26 City games got televised last season, and if Amazon had their 20 game package, it would have been 28.

It's impossible to legally watch all of City's games on TV, this move from amazon just means you can choose between watching the same number BT & Sky usually show, or pay for amazon and get 2 more.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.