Amazon prime

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by lunebleu, 3 Dec 2019.

1. TheRemainsOfTheDave

TheRemainsOfTheDave

The cameras at the game film the action, the pictures are then passed to Amazon who copy the live video to thousands of computer servers. These servers will buffer the images a bit. The users when they log into Amazon will then be 'served' the video from one of these servers.

Hence the delay. BT Sport and Sky Go are the same.

2. TheRemainsOfTheDave

TheRemainsOfTheDave

Did you have your glasses on?

Didsbury Dave likes this.
  3. Marvin

Marvin

I'm not interested in how they cover Liverpool. They will cater their coverage for their audience.

Enjoyed their coverage last night but we won and it was a night for eulogising about City. If you look at their presenters and hosts, it's all the same crew, they're just being paid by a different employer.

Maybe the producer can ensure that you don't get Liverpool supporters commentating on City games, and their staff are told that above all else they must be objective. I think what I am trying to say is that if it's produced well, then even if they are using the same staff as other broadcasters, they can produce a better product.

4. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

If you have a 4k tv it will always show you 4k irrespective of what it receives.

In other words if you receive sd ie 1k it will upscale it to 4k by guessing missing pixels.
    If program not using 4k camaras at the game it has already been upscaled along its route then transmitted as 4k then no benefit to you because your tv upscaler has no work to do.

5. Didsbury Dave

Didsbury Dave

Is this where HDR comes in?

6. markprendy

markprendy

I'm not sure whether you need the new 4K Fire TV stick to broadcast it in 4K.

Didsbury Dave likes this.
  7. stonerblue

stonerblue

''They look in the dustbins for something to eat.
    They find a dead dog and they think it;s a treat
    In the liverpool slums. In the liverpool slums.......''

8. blue oli

blue oli

Yes

9. TheRemainsOfTheDave

TheRemainsOfTheDave

Think it depends on the device. My TV labelled the broadcast as UHD and when Sean Dyche came on screen I felt a bit sick so definitely more detail.

10. mancitymick

mancitymick

The 45 second delay is something they hope to have rectified by next season. Overall i thought it was great coverage