American Based blues/Baseball fans

Sorry to semi-hijack your post OxBlue.

Looking to follow MLB this year. Visited Boston once, enjoyed it and would look out for the Red Sox if it wasnt for the obvious name cringe. Been looking at the Mets...they play at Citi Field after all!

Who do people on here follow? Did City have any influence on your choice?

bluemerald said:
Sorry to semi-hijack your post OxBlue.

Looking to follow MLB this year. Visited Boston once, enjoyed it and would look out for the Red Sox if it wasnt for the obvious name cringe. Been looking at the Mets...they play at Citi Field after all!

Who do people on here follow? Did City have any influence on your choice?

As some know, I'm a rabid Phillies fan so times have been good lately. I'd be wary of the Mets though, they're a horrible team and their fans are generally guys who look like this:

02_mtv_guidos2.jpg

OxBlue said:
I'm off to San Fran in the summer with work, last time it was football season so watched the 49ers, this time we're going to see the Baseball team Giants, so

How long does a game last?

Forever. Doctor says you've only got 3 weeks to live? Go watch baseball, you'll live another decade.

OxBlue said:
Can I booze during the game same as NFL?

Yes. Drink prior though, they charge you a lot for beer inside the stadium.

OxBlue said:
Do they have trailer parties/BBQ's before hand like NFL?

Not really, no. Just find a nice bar or diner.

OxBlue said:
anything else worth knowing about the whole thing?

Wear this:
dodgers_hat.jpg

buckshot said:
Yeah, don't wear that. Last year some Dodger fans damn near killed a Giants fan in LA.
Between that, the 49ers/Raiders brawls last season, and a few other incidents, I'm starting to believe that we need segregated fan sections over here before someone actually does lose their life.

OxBlue said:
I'm off to San Fran in the summer with work, last time it was football season so watched the 49ers, this time we're going to see the Baseball team Giants, so

How long does a game last?

Can I booze during the game same as NFL?

Do they have trailer parties/BBQ's before hand like NFL?

anything else worth knowing about the whole thing?

Cheers

OxBlue
My favourite website for baseball travel advice: <a class="postlink" href="http://web.archive.org/web/20101201062131/http://wiseguidesonline.com/stadiums/4-AT-T-Park" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://web.archive.org/web/201012010621 ... -AT-T-Park</a>
(can only view it archived as it has been taken down, but the info for almost all ballparks still applies)

So perhaps that pub it mentions is your best bet.

You'll love the ballpark, one of the best scenes and atmospheres in the bigs, and that's coming from someone who thinks the Bay Area is a god forsaken shithole.

EDIT: one final point - if you only listen to one thing I say, IGNORE the people telling you to go to an A's game, it's cheap for a reason, everything about it is shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.