American Blues

BufordUSABlue said:
Originally from 'Dear Old Blighty' and a born-n-bred Manc!

Now living just outside of Atlanta (have been over here 10 years this year!) there are quite a few Blues here and we are all getting together, of course, for the momentus game next week at The Dome - we are still pinching ourselves that our beloved Blues will be in town!!

Dont post much but read a lot . Originally From Sunny Stockers :) Now live in even sunnier N.C. Going to Atlanta cant wait Hopefully meet you all there ,

Hi all, big MCFC fan from Baltimore checking in.

I started seriously following when I went abroad in 2005, and when I studied in London in 2009 I had a chance to see City play at Fulham!

I'll be honest, the ONLY reason I started following City was the seemingly tortured history they had and the fact that even as a football novice, I knew there was something not quite right about United.

Looking forward to the match this weekend! If anyone is coming to Baltimore there are a couple of excellent places to grab a beer in an area called Fells Point in downtown Baltimore, including a great place called "Horse You Came in On"

And don't worry, for those of you who have seen THE WIRE, it's not really like that here. :-)

basher said:
california blue said:
there's + & - to dish and directv -

you get more football on directv - inc alllllll euro games europa and chumps in HD - downside FSC & FS+ are not HD. You also get Goltv which is awesome and has a few south american leagues, la liga and the german league.

Dish has FSC in HD but im pretty sure FS+ in SD. No goltv and no euro selection. Also Dish customer service is generally shit and pretty much everyone i know likes directv for its interface and features.

Well I heard just yesterday FSC & FS+ was going HD on DirecTV starting August 1st. So there you go- if you're still reading- get DirecTV.

Heard same pal, but they have taken their time with this have Direct, they sent the satelite up in March i believe.....<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:28 pm --<br /><br />
ncblue said:
BufordUSABlue said:

Now living just outside of Atlanta (have been over here 10 years this year!) there are quite a few Blues here and we are all getting together, of course, for the momentus game next week at The Dome - we are still pinching ourselves that our beloved Blues will be in town!!

Dont post much but read a lot . Originally From Sunny Stockers :) Now live in even sunnier N.C. Going to Atlanta cant wait Hopefully meet you all there ,

Meehans Irish Pub downtown pal!! See ya there, i will start a tab in your name :-) ....

Josh in Baltimore said:

I started seriously following when I went abroad in 2005, and when I studied in London in 2009 I had a chance to see City play at Fulham!

I'll be honest, the ONLY reason I started following City was the seemingly tortured history they had and the fact that even as a football novice, I knew there was something not quite right about United.

Looking forward to the match this weekend! If anyone is coming to Baltimore there are a couple of excellent places to grab a beer in an area called Fells Point in downtown Baltimore, including a great place called "Horse You Came in On"

And don't worry, for those of you who have seen THE WIRE, it's not really like that here. :-)

I'm looking to meet up with fellow blues before the Inter Game.. is this the best place to do it?

ncblue said:
BufordUSABlue said:

I am leaving from work in Nashville at about 1 so that will put me there with time change at about 530. Can you tell me the best way to get there with traffic in mind? luckily i will be going into and not out of.

AustinBlue said:
Josh in Baltimore said:

I'm looking to meet up with fellow blues before the Inter Game.. is this the best place to do it?

me too. i'm bringing one of my mates from DC to the game and i'm hoping to convert him to the blue way of thinking. if anyone has any suggestions as to where people are heading that'd be great.

Blue in exile said:
AustinBlue said:

me too. i'm bringing one of my mates from DC to the game and i'm hoping to convert him to the blue way of thinking. if anyone has any suggestions as to where people are heading that'd be great.

I'm bringing one other blue, and plan to be drinking at Pickles from mid afternoon on, across from the stadium... <a class="postlink" href="http://www.picklespub.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.picklespub.com/</a>. I'll change plans if some Baltimore blues tell me there's another convenient meeting place.

BufordUSABlue said:
basher said:
Well I heard just yesterday FSC & FS+ was going HD on DirecTV starting August 1st. So there you go- if you're still reading- get DirecTV.

Heard same pal, but they have taken their time with this have Direct, they sent the satelite up in March i believe.....

-- Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:28 pm --

ncblue said:

Meehans Irish Pub downtown pal!! See ya there, i will start a tab in your name :-) ....

HAHAHA Nice one... Me ,a couple of mates ,and wives .Booked into the Embassy suites not cheap but free booze , will get my money back that way :)
How far from the ground Is the Pub ??

Just to straighten this out...about Baltimore... we've been watching and rooting for City in this fair town for almost 6 years - and in that time - have seen far and few other Blues... so my friend Patrick and myself shot a video about City in Baltimore for ManCity and they posted it --

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/News/American-Pre-season-tour/2010/June/Baltimore-fan-guide-for-MCFC-fans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/News/American-Pre-sea ... -MCFC-fans</a>

There is only one bar that will have players, staff, and fans all congregate and that is Slainte in Fells point - slaintepub.com - - there should be about 5k blues in town (judging from the numbers we get from the tickets sold from England). Slainte will be packed and rocking the night before, the day of, and the night after -- I would suspect a great time with some great surprises. Check out the 3:35 second mark of the video... for info about the pub -- hope to meet many of you!<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:52 pm --<br /><br />
AustinBlue said:
Blue in exile said:

I'm bringing one other blue, and plan to be drinking at Pickles from mid afternoon on, across from the stadium... <a class="postlink" href="http://www.picklespub.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.picklespub.com/</a>. I'll change plans if some Baltimore blues tell me there's another convenient meeting place.

Slainte - is where to meet man! Pickles is lame. There has only been one bar in this City that has supported the game for years and that's Slainte --- I wouldn't spend a nickle in Pickles and their opportunistic BS store front -- they never carry games, they have no idea about the sport in general -- and only benefit because of location - come over to Fells Point - (5$ cab ride) and drink with true fans! Slaintepub.com (just voted Baltimore best sports bar) --- pass the word around

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.