American Blues

MCFCinUSA said:
acquiesce said:
Grew up in Wisconsin and live in Chicago now. Been supporting City since 96. Following the World Cup over here I really got into football and was looking for a team to follow. After aimlessly wandering for a year or two Oasis broke over here, with the brothers supporting City I decided why not. Little did I know what I was getting myself into as we were quickly relegated a few times. Needless to say its been a roller coaster ride and I wouldn't change it for the world. Manage to make it over for a few matches a year. Good times.

I had a pint with this guy in Chicago a few months ago whilst we watched one of our games; he knows his beer too, ehehe

Despite what a lot of people mistakenly think, I'm a Brit who has been in and out of the US for quite some time; missing all the Kinky games.

;o(

-- Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:23 am --

Pam said:
Hi

USA! USA! USA!

Glazier for President.

have you been sniffing Buzzer1's farts tonight Pam?

;o)

-- Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:29 am --

citymad said:
Not being rude but I'd bet a million quid that this thread wouldn't have existed in 1998.

what about the Brits already here, like me?

(although I wasn't on Bluemoon then)

-- Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:31 am --

BlueLonghorn said:
Maybe not as many, but I have been a Blue since I was 16 (1991/92 season)...not to mention I think we would all have been writing to MCIVTA instead of Bluemoon.

good point, I was on MCIVTA too, wow, that seems like such a long time ago.. pre-televised everything too.
MCIVTA was an amazing achievement considering the circumstances of the time.

never knew we had all these american fans. its probably a lot harder to follow city from over there so i really hope you have a mint day out while city are over there. keep the faith!!

buckshot said:
I chose City because of Hatton but also because of the annoying rag fans all over Central PA.

Where abouts in Central PA are you? I was raised just outside of State College and still make it up to Happy Valley from time to time.

Oh and your sentence works with just about any location: "I chose City ... because of the annoying rag fans all over [Insert Location Here]." :-)

deegee33 said:
Philadelphia checking in .City since 1978 Maine Rd. Derby Cty 2 mcfc 1. Might havehad more funat that match than any other time in my life. Being a Philly guy, was great just to see people living and dying with every play, but in the end just enjoying a good time with friends and accepting the " typical city" result afterward off to the pub for several pints and twice as many laughs with blues I had met 3 hours prior, 2 of whom I am still in contact with today. See you all at COMS for the Villa Match. United can sit on it and spin.

Nice! Are you properly in the city or in a suburb? I'm out towards King of Prussia.

colinbellsboots said:
there was me hoping to see a muddy waters clip....dammm you all.

Enjoy this Son House performance of Death Letter Blues as a consolation prize. He's one of my favorites:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jN5vqEyV7g[/youtube]

Howland, NE Ohio here.
Born in Manchester, and been a City fan since my Dad first took me to a reserves game back in 1954. Moved to USA in 2006 to Baltimore, and then to Ohio in 07. Will be at M&T Bank Stadium for the game with my wife and American stepsons.

Boston, MA here. No great story to tell about finding City along my personal journey of nirvana, and it isn't worth telling around here anyway, since half of you lunatics think you've got to be from Manchester to believe in this club. It's ok, happens all the time here around our sports teams, too. Just put your head down and be a real fan is all you can do, really. Looking forward to heading to NYC tomorrow morning and one hell of a weekend.

Been reading the boards for about 3 years now and I figured I would chime in.

I'm from Boston, MA as well, but I'll be heading to London for 4 months this coming fall. Really looking forward to making the trip up to COMS and hopefully catching some away games in London as well!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.