Amy Winehouse: I'm too short to have punched anyone

Her father has a lot to answer for.
She may have been on a mission to destroy herself, but every single safety net around her failed to save her.
Her father was exploiting her along with most of her friends and associates.
A classic example of rampant greed killing the tortured genius.
Her voice and music represented a generation for a brief period of time.

One of my all time favourite little exchanges on a TV show was when she was on Never Mind the Buzzcocks and she kept making this weird little noise. So Simon Amstel says:

“Was is that noise you keep making”

“ It’s just my new thing”

“Oh, I thought that was heroin?”

Never liked her music to be truthful, too much ornamentation in her singing for my liking, but that's a modern phenomena in female singers made popular by people like Mariah Carey. I know there's a good voice there but I have to turn it off. She seemed nice though and I was still saddened when she died, even a bit angry at those around her.

She sung brilliantly on that show, not a hint of autotune or backing track.
Did you see the documentary about her trip to a small musical festival in Dingle (I think), in the south of Ireland. Not only was it brilliant to see her sing with just a bass accompaniment but it also gave a great inside into her personality - humble, open and trusting. I'm with you on this Bill, so many great female vocalists but she is unique and stood proud amongst the very best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.